Akademy 2010 BoF
See BoF schedule for date and time.
- Status of documentation (content, tools, community, ...)
- Role of Wikis and forum in KDE documentation
- Status of KHelpcenter
- Brainstorming about future of KDE documentation
- Planning for KDE documentation sprint
IRC channel: #kde-docs on freenode Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
(notes by Frederik, please extend)
Doc english as mailing list: not the perfect list name
quality of documentation
- list on techbase
- quality of documentation - Albert says there is a page about it, status is good, but translations lacking 
what's this help, tooltips
- tooltips too large: on small screen it covers too much, what's this would be better here
- should what's this be in tooltips?
- parley manual as guinea pig
- page size, images, links, semantics
- versioning of manuals
- file uploading
- translation of screenshots - mass uploads being worked on
do we need/have a native editor for wikis?
why not wiki to html/pdf directly - looks possible. xml directly in api, pdf export extension available - needs testing
specify what should be in manuals (eg not "how to compile")
offline docs - method being investigated - some work already done on ocs may help.
- people needed to do the incredibly boring stuff regularily - eg update images, or typographic editing - small bites at a time
blog on planetkde about userbase manual writing - needs very clear step-by-step instruction to get consistency. (currently being written)