KDEEdu/Artikulate/Meetings

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, 2014 June 11th, 4:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. STK filter task
  3. schedule for next week
  4. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Avik

  1. reports/review since last week
    • qtgstreamer-porting done, works on systems where everything is built against gstreamer-1.x
    • Andreas will do remaining reviews today
  2. STK filter task
    • Avik encountered some problems, mail sent to their list
    • until then, start work on acoustic fingerprint to speed up work
    • will discuss at Saturday how to proceed here
  3. miscellaneous
    • next meeting at next Monday

Wednesday, 2014 June 4th, 4:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • libsound refactoring
    • QtGstreamer master/1.0 porting
  2. schedule for next week
  3. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Avik

  1. reports/review since last week
    • first step of QtGStreamer-master porting done
    • runtime problems by having linking against both gstreamer1.x and gstreamer0.10 (dependency pulled in over libplasma, and there over qtwebkit)
    • we are talking to distros what to do about that, some already changed to gstreamer1.x
  2. schedule for next week
    1. remove qtmultimedia
    2. refactor for libsound
    3. start LMS filtering branch by tomorrow
  3. misc
    • next meeting at next Monday

Monday, 2014 May 26th, 4:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • libsound refactoring
    • QtGstreamer master/1.0 porting
  2. schedule for next week
  3. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Avik

  1. reports/review since last week
  2. schedule for next week
    1. QtGStreamer 1.0 porting
    2. refactoring for libsound
    3. create sound test application in libsound/tests
    4. prepare for using STK libraries
  3. misc
    • next meeting in one week

Thursday, 2014 May 15th, 4:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. GSoC 2014
    • account settings
    • workflows, branches, reports, regular meetings
    • schedule
  3. general Artikulate planning
  4. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Avik

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. GSoC 2014
    • account settings
      • Avik already has a developer account
    • workflows, branches, reports, regular meetings
      • we will have one integration branch "libsound" (only reviewed code; will follow KF5 coding policies) with the following work-branches
        • LMS-filtering
        • accoustic-fingerprints
        • scatterplot
      • the libsound-branch will be created by refactoring the currently existing sound modules into one library
      • the libsound-branch will directly be ported to use current qtgstreamer-master
    • schedule
      • weekly meetings at Monday 4pm UTC at #kde-artikulate, first meeting at 26h of May
  3. general Artikulate planning
    • major feature for 4.14: statistics (not touching anything with sound)
    • KF5 porting in fall at Randa sprint
  4. miscellaneous
    • next meeting at May 26

Monday, 2013 December 16th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. release roadmap
    • blockers
    • tasks for next week
    • updating tasks page
  3. user documentation
  4. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: CoLa, Samikshan

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Samikshan worked on BUG #328414 (program freeze), but could not reprocude it, yet
    • CoLa
      • done with the major restructuring tasks for the training screen (a few minor problems are at the todo list)
      • implemented the "last active course per learner profile" functionality
      • created a temporary application logo (temporary == until we find an artist who can do better :)
      • mentored two GCI students to create user documenation
  2. release roadmap
    • Samikshan will work on:
      • scrollbars for long phrases
      • use font settings from the configuration dialog for showing phrases
      • add background color / boxes for the phrase information texts
      • give hint at overview page when no course is available that the user should download it
      • prevent crashes when XML files are broken
    • CoLa will work on:
      • fix all known sound errors
      • work on presenting the learning statistics with the kqmlgraphplugin
      • fix resource manager issues with reloading after imported course
    • ... and then we will see what will be done at end of this year :)
  3. user documentation
    • GCI students are working on a first version :)
  4. miscellaneous
    • Oini and Samikshan submitted talk proposals to conf.kde.in \o/

Monday, 2013 December 9th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. status reports
  2. 0.4 roadmap
    • blockers
    • release goals
    • user documentation
  3. course data planning
  4. schedule for approaching KDE Review
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Samikshan, Oindrila, Andreas

  1. status reports
    • we got a new profile manager (i.e., a user can create a profile, select his/her favorite languages, and in the future will be able to keep track on the training progress)
    • the refactoring of the overview screen/start screen is finished
    • refactoring of training screen GUI started
    • progress bar was rewritten (new appearance and new features)
    • work started to port training statistics to libkqmlgraphplugin (QML graph plotting library)
  2. 0.4 roadmap
    • release goals
      • change default sound backend to QtGStreamer
      • finish GUI refactorings for training mode and results view
      • store statistics data
    • schedule
      • finish big coding tasks until Christmas, then start polishing and fixing small issues
      • release ready at new-years eve
      • user documentation to be done at end of first January week, release then
  3. course data planning
    • Samikshan will look into finishing the male Bengali recordings
    • will be top concern in next year (up to next KDE SC release that will contain Artikulate)
  4. schedule for approaching KDE Review
    • directly go to KDE Review after 0.4 release
  5. miscellaneous
    • next meeting, next week: 6pm UTC

Monday, 2013 September 23rd, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: CoLa, Oindrila, Myriam, Samikshan

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Oindrila
      • the training statistics graph feature was merged into master
      • started work at displaying more course information
    • CoLa
      • work on cleanup of contributor resurce handling starting
      • resulted in several refactorings of the model/view mechanisms
      • nearly finished
  2. course editor & trainer progress
    • next release is soon
    • main purpose: provide a stable contributor version that one actually could package in experimental distribution repositories
    • after merging my model changes, CoLa would like to have ~2 days of testing period and if we do not find anything real critical, release a "0.2 contributor release"
    • featues after next release:
      • more elaborate statistics
      • more elaborate learning system for the phrases (currently we use round-robin), use 6-box-learning like Parley
      • CoLa would like to have a Edu wide approach for leaner profiles (will draft a proposal)
    • run Artikulate on Windows: we should look how well it works (someone has to install Windows...)
  3. progress user documentation
    • task for all for next week :)
  4. miscellaneous
    • weekly meeting: next Monday, next meeting
    • sprint preperations: we should start thinking about discussion topics/tasks for the sprint
    • GSoC finalization: final evaluation starts in in few minutes

Tuesday, 2013 September 17th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: CoLa, Oindrila, Myriam

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Oindrila: pending statistics graph at review board
    • CoLa: exclude-button branch got merged
    • Dimitris: translated the Supermarket unit
  2. course editor & trainer progress
    • exclude-button has been added to editor
    • course-data-repository integration cleanup last release blocker
    • plan: first user release end of this year after thourough polishing
  3. progress user documentation
    • CoLa will shuffle texts a little bit
  4. miscellaneous
    • a lot of people at the Edu sprint want to work on languages \o/

Thursday, 2013 September 12th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course editor & trainer progress
  3. roadmap
  4. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: CoLa, Myriam, Oindrila

  1. Reports
    • Oindrila
      • the Exclude button is done and it is working fine, re-adding still missing
      • have been looking into the trainingSession class in order to incorporate the statistics task
      • came up with a few ideas regarding the marking system
    • Andreas
      • essentially code reviews, merging, small cleanups
      • shifted release preparation plans from last to this weekend
  2. Coding
    • Statistics oververiew
      • two approaches: (1) present overview of trials for the finished unit and (2) give score information
      • Oindrila will work on overview statistics (draft discussed)
    • Exclude-Button
      • excluding phrases works
      • CoLa will look into adding the re-adding functionality and merging into master
  3. Roadmap
    • statistics and exclude-button shall be finished at the end of this weekend
    • we will discuss general agenda at next meeting
  4. Misc
    • CoLa will update the install instructions in README

Tuesday, 2013 September 3rd, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Ondrila, Myriam

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda
      • have been working on font settings (which are ready to merge now with master branch)
      • have added some recordings for polish female speaker
      • got two french units translated by the native speaker
    • Oindrila
      • have been working on the "Exclude Phrase Button" for trainer (UI done, program logic not yet finished, goal is tomorrow)
    • Andreas
      • pushed my resource manager refactoring changes (will have to profile where the last bottleneck is hidden...)
      • half finished branch where resource handling of editor and trainer are clearer separated
      • yesterday evening the GHNS data files at files.kde.org wer updated
      • added a filter to avoid showing languages without courses in the trainer (same will be done for units without recorded phrases)
  2. roadmap and schedule
    • Konki (last week of OPW work):
      • would like to translate few more units to French and if possible get some recordings
      • CoLa will make a list of open polishing tasks
    • Oindrila (three weeks until GSoC ends):
    • exclude button
    • statistics
    • language information
  3. course data progress
    • we now have overview/coordination tables for all actively translated/recorded languages: https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Artikulate/CourseData
    • two new units translated to French (unpushed)
    • Polish female recording are all done now!
    • Dimitris recently got a KDE developer account and is now able to push Greek translations/recordings by himself
    • Oindrila has a few unpushed female recordings for Bengali
    • next call for recordings after next release
  4. release planning
    • string freeze from next Friday to Friday after that
    • before freeze we want to merge:
      1. the exclude button for the editor
      2. filter to hide empty units in the trainer
      3. the parting of resource management for trainer and editor
      4. font-config branch can directly be merged
  5. progress user documentation
    • to be discussed next week
  6. miscellaneous
    • next meeting at Thursday
    • week after next, meeting probably at Tuesday

Tuesday, 2013 August 27th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Oindrila

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda
      • added recordings for 2 French units (male speaker) and about 8 units for Polish (female speaker)
      • translated unit Tourism into French
      • Created language course progress reports for polish and french in community wiki
      • worked a bit more on menu (still not fully ready)
    • Oindrila
      • was working on the Exclude Button and made a public branch for the purpose
      • added the 'excludedPhrases' top-level element to course.xsd
      • currently working on the skeleton and course classes
      • translated a unit to Bengali and made a few recordings (yet to commit)
      • added this page to the userbase wiki: http://userbase.kde.org/Artikulate/Beginning
    • Andreas
      • progress in resource manager refactoring (everything ported to resource based infrastructure; missing is the planned massive simplifications of ResourceManager that come along with the new structure)
      • mails with Tom (English native speaker) and Quentin (French native speaker), Tom spotted some problems/nice features
  2. course data progress
    • Magda created overview tables for French and Polish at https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Artikulate/CourseData
    • we will add similar ones for all other language we are currently working on
    • Quentin just finished translating two additional French units and recorded one
    • Dimitris finished translating another Unit into Greek
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • Andreas plans to finish the ResourceManager refactoring by tomorrow
    • Oindrila plans to finish the Exclude Phrases button by Thursday
    • Magda is nearly done with the menu branch
    • we will start preparing the release around Friday
    • Magda will start work on font settings tomorrow
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Monday, 2013 August 19th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Oindrila

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • Magda working on python script to use google translate to put phrases automatically in Artikulate as pre-translation
    • Magda will then look at French translations
    • Oini translated two more units, will be adding them to Artikulate soon
    • Andreas will ask for French contributors in his next blog post
    • we will point new contributors to IRC #kde-artikulate and to kde-edu@kde.org
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • remaining features for next release
      1. the menu bar
      2. the resource manager refactoring
      3. Exclude Phrase button
    • all features shall be ready next weekend
    • hopefully next meeting we can decide to merge all the work, create a release branch, and then tell i18n people that we are in string freeze
  4. progress user documentation
    • Oini will remove the 'Under Construction' tag from Introduction and start with the next sub-page then
  5. miscellaneous
    • Edu sprint is in planning
    • /!\ next week meeting at Tuesday: 6pm UTC

Monday, 2013 August 12th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Oindrila

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda
      • was working on some UI issues: progress bar works well now, added a Get new course button that connects to GHNS dialog and worked on disinguishing native speaker recording from user recording
    • Oindrila:
      • worked on the userbase wiki
      • looked into the qml code of the editor and tried to implement a 'dismiss' button
    • Andreas:
      • about 80% done with the porting to a modular framework that allows a QtGStreamer sound backend
  2. course data progress
    • Bengali: 4 units left to translate, female recordings for all translated units, for male recordings waiting for new headset (currently 442 recordings)
    • Polish: 600 phrases recorded
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • clickable progress bar nearly ready to merge
    • update of sound control actions in progress (discussed proposals)
    • QtGStreamer backend hopefully can be merged at the end of this week
    • Oindrila starts to implement an "exclude from course" button to exclude translation of skeleton phrases
    • Magda will after this look at adding a menu
  4. progress user documentation
    • wiki pages at userbase are created
    • Oindrila will start adding text
    • first three section are stable enough to write text
  5. miscellaneous
    • after Magda's UI changes, the new QtGStreamer backend are merged and resource manager is updated to only show languages for courses that are installed, we will do another release (in about ~2-3 weeks)

Monday, 2013 August 5th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • GHNS implementation (ready to merge?)
    • training mode
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Andreas
      • we moved to new IRC channel #kde-artikulate (thanks to Kenny and the freenode admins!)
      • poked Jeremy and he fixed a KNS Bug for us :)
    • Magda
      • GHNS is finished now and working well
      • working on the UI: so far learnt a bit of QML and how to use C++ within it and manged to do first small change: making the status bar clickable
    • Oindrila
      • a lot of Bengali recordings
      • wrote blog post to ask for help in recording US English phrases and we found interested people!
      • created a starting page for the user documentation
    • all students passed the midterms \o/
  2. course data progress
    • another release in approx. 2 weeks and try to convince some of the very popular distros to ship it
    • problems with compiling against QtMultimedia (especially on ArchLinux and OpenSuse -> Andreas plans to add an optional QtGStreamer backend)
    • a lot of progress in Bengali
    • we need some stats in the course editor that gives info about translating/recording status of courses
    • call for recordings/translations for French and Spanish next week after we have QtGStreamer backend
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • download_dialog branch (i.e. GHNS) will be merged into master
    • Magda will work on better positioning of buttons -> will issue review request and request review by usability people
    • Andreas working on (1) QtGStreamer backend, (2) resource manager rewrite
    • further open todos: add a menu bar (like in typical programs), 6-box-algorithm learning mode for selecting the next phrase, add big button "Get New Courses" at the starting page
  4. progress user documentation
    • scheduled for next week, need input from Oindrila first
    • a short mail about current status and plans would be awesome
  5. miscellaneous
    • we need a logo
    • Inge's basic vocabulary course for Parley (edu-list) looks great!

Monday, 2013 July 29th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • translations
    • recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • GHNS implementation
  4. progress user documentation
  5. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Oindrila, Magda, samikshan

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Oini:
      1. recording problem fixed
      2. outline for user documentation: https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Artikulate/Todo#Proposal_for_User_Documentation
      3. created script to get all the phrases from a course and preprocess translation
    • Konki:
      1. was working on GHNS implementation for courses distribution: it works ok, but not perfectly yet
    •  Andreas
      1. the KDE on Windows guys are getting ready to make Artikulate usable on Windows
      2. Dimitris sent a new heap of Greek recordings \o/
    • samikshan says hello!
  2. course data progress
    • this week Bengali will probably get completed
    • Greek makes great progress
    • we will write more calls for "standard foreign learning languages", first is American English (Oindrila will write blog post)
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • GHNS implementation nearly working: noticed that sometimes deleting/uninstalling the course does not work
    • implementation similar to KLettres
    • we will look into the question how to integrate GHNS better into our interface
  4. progress user documentation
    • Oini presents her plan
    • everybody likes the plan
    • Oini will create the wiki pages and ping us when she needs any help/input/texts/review
  5. miscellaneous
    • nothing misc

Tuesday, 2013 July 23rd, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • Translations
    • Recordings
  3. course editor & trainer progress
  4. progress user documentation
  5. contributor recruiting
  6. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Oindrila, Myriam

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda
      • was working on python script that gets files from artikulate-data repository and it is almost finished (some small changes needed)
      • lots of research about GHNS
    • Oindrila:
      • internet problems, working on fixing recording
    • Andreas
      • two BoFs about Personas for Langauge Learning and contributing to Artikulate
      • recruited several helpers: Italian, American English, (probably Spanish, need some more pokes), Greek (though Dimitris appeared by himself!)
      • reimplemented the training mode
      • changed course data loading to loading on demand (resource-manager will be re-factored in the not so far future...)
      • put the course files that Magda's script creates to files.kde.org/edu/artikulate
  2. course data progress
    • same state as last week
    • plus two new units in Greek
  3. course editor & trainer progress
    • everybody: please test!
    • next week, also involve the usability people for trainer UI
  4. progress user documentation
    • will discuss it next week
  5. contributor recruiting
    • we will post blogs and specifically ask for some languages
    • we already heard from several people that they want to help
  6. miscellaneous

Monday, 2013 July 15st, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • Skeleton work
    • Translations
  3. course editor progress
  4. progress contributor documentation
  5. Akademy contributor recruiting
  6. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendees: Andreas, Magda, Oindrila

  1. Reports
    • Oindrila:
      • finished all units
      • created Hindi Course
      • Bengali Course will be done by this week
    • Magda
      • Added recording for female polish speaker for 8 units and for french male speaker for 2 units
      • Translated 8 units into french
      • added screenshots to current contributor manual
    • Andreas
      • created release
  2. course data progress
    • basic course skeleton: done
    • good progress
    • Andreas will add working statistics to course editor (number of missing recordings...)
  3. Course editor progress
    • Andreas has some plans...
      1. allow to change the backend (Qt Multimedia, what is currently used, is not available everywhere)
      2. introduce a backend that can also easily be built in Windows (Simon-lib)
      3. by default change to Simon-lib which has an awesome set of internal tools that make recordings "better" (automatic noise removal, normalization...)
      4. reenable the training mode the next weekend
    • Andreas creates sketch for GHNS implementation, compiles a list of starting points for Magda
  4. Contributor Documentation
    • Contributor documentation: done
    • next week: talk about user documentation
    • Oini drafts structure for user documentation
  5. Contributor Recruiting
    • slides are done
    • let's see how many people will show up
  6. Misc
    • nothing

Monday, 2013 July 8st, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • Skeleton work
    • Translations
  3. course editor progress
  4. progress contributor documentation
  5. Akademy contributor recruiting
  6. miscellaneous

Notes

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda:
      • nearly finished translating basic skeleton into Polish (one unit left)
      • added some recording for male polish speaker (Time and Dates, Alphabet, Numbers, Weather, Countries and cultures, Sport and Tourism
      • translated two units into French (Numbers and Alphabet)
      • filled in gaps in the contributor manual and general cleaning
    • Oindrila:
      • skeleton units: only "at a party" remains undone
      • six units translated into Bengali
    • Andreas:
      • several editor fixes
  2. course data progress
    • schedule says, we should be done this week
    • only two units remain
    • adjusted schedules a little bit
    • Andreas will create overview table about current translation state
  3. course editor progress
    • release targetted to Thursday/Friday
    • Andreas will create blog post after release
  4. progress contributor documentation
    • nearly finished \o/
    • put skeleton creation by UI button as Wishlist bug to bugs.k.o and point documenation to it
    • else contributor documentation should be done
    • Magda will add screenshots
    • everybody proof reading please!
  5. Akademy contributor recruiting
    • Andreas prepares slides and sends them around this week
    • everybody blogs :)
  6. miscellaneous
    • Andreas will add "dismiss" button for phrases (skeleton phrases that explicitly are not part of a unit)

Monday, 2013 July 1st, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. course data progress
    • Skeleton work
    • Translations
  3. editor progress
  4. progress contributor documentation
  5. Akademy contributor recruiting
  6. tasks until next meeting
  7. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendants: Andreas, Magda, Mamarok, (Oindrila excused)

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda:
      • added Polish phonology and created a Polish and French course
      • translated some units into Polish: Weather, Sport, Countries and Cultures,Toursim and Family
      • worked on the contributor manual: so now almost all subsections have some information
    • Andreas:
      • scheduled some BoFs for Akademy: general KDE Edu meeting, Persona discussion for language learning programs, Artikulate contributor recruiting
      • fixed several small bugs at Artikulate
      • did some small UI cleanup at the course editor
      • figured out that we already can have different phrase types in skeleton and course
    • Oindrila:
      • finished several courses
  2. course data progress
    • Skeleton work
      • slightly ahead of schedule
    • Translations
      • about 5 units already translated into Polish
      • Magda will soon start making recordings
  3. editor progress
    • next meeting: list of remaining blockers for a contributor release
  4. progress contributor documentation
    • a lot of progress
    • everybody: please review the texts
  5. Akademy contributor recruiting
    • BoF scheduled
    • Andreas will discuss with Oindrila how to plan that hour
    • Andreas will prepare release of contributor preview of Artikulate
  6. miscellaneous
    • high priority is contributor manual
    • we need a logo!

Monday, 2013 Juni 24th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. progress in skeleton work
  3. progress contributor documentation
  4. courses:
    1. translations
    2. gathering recordings strategy
  5. www.flossie.org
  6. Akademy contributor recruiting
  7. Trainer UI
  8. tasks until next meeting
  9. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendants: Andreas, Magdalena, Myriam, Oindrila

  1. Task Review/Reports
    • Magda:
      • added three more units: Entertainment, At the Doctors and At the supermarket
      • edited the techbase to create a manual incorporating the existing instruction into it
    • Andreas:
      • fixed open file handlers bug
      • started work at recording indicator
    • Oindrila:
      • Lydia replied saying that she will let her know more about the Student Programs Presentation
  2. progress in skeleton work
    • Magda finished all her units
    • Oindrila will add her units the next days
  3. progress contributor documentation
    • already quite good
    • discussed minor improvements
  4. courses: translations & gathering recordings strategy
    • Magda started with translating to Polish and French
    • we must respect that if a phrase is a word in one language, in another it can be an expression/sentence: Andreas will make changes to allow different set values
    • we should not aim to make word-by-word translations but try to give each phrase a most similar meaning in the translated language
    • we should translate the skeletons trying to keep similar structure, but if not we are able to change words into phrases, maybe phrases to sentences, etc.
    • try to have same amount of male as of female recordings
    • rule of thumb: speaker records every second sound
  5. www.flossie.org
    • Oindrila will prepare proposal
  6. Akademy contributor recruiting
    • skip, since no BoF call out yet
  7. Trainer UI
    • can we allow the specific choice of speakers for a training? (Andreas checks what would be necessary to implement that)
  8. Misc
    • Andreas will make changes to allow different phrase type in skeleton and course

Monday, 2013 Juni 17th, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. progress in skeleton work
  3. progress contributor documentation
  4. Akademy contributor recruiting
  5. Trainer UI mockups
  6. tasks until next meeting
  7. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendants: Andreas, Magdalena, Myriam, Oindrila

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
    • Magda:
      • new units added to course skeleton: Weather, Time and Dates and Clothing
      • skeleton for contributor manual created
    • Oindrila: added descriptions to the CourseData wiki
      • Artikulate/Events page created
      • mailed Jeff and Lydia about the Student Programs Presentations and the Bof
      • created Hindi Phonology
    • Andreas: created Trainer UI Mockup
  2. progress in skeleton work
    • progress looks good, everything still as predicted by the schedule :)
  3. progress contributor documentation
    • Magda will start merging existing documentation to the new structure
    • we will talk next week about distributing documentation tasks
  4. Akademy contributor recruiting
    • we want to have a BoF at the Akademy
    • we should get in touch with local KDE communities (Spain, France)
    • discussion point for BoF is how to handle different accents
    • the [Marble/VoiceOfMarble Voice of Marble] project could give interesting ideas
  5. Trainer UI mockups
    • positively received
    • Andreas will sketch implementation plan for this until next meeting
  6. tasks until next meeting
    • only the ones from above
  7. miscellaneous
    • none

Monday, 2013 June 10rd, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. review tasks from last week/reports
  2. progress in skeleton work
  3. discuss structure for contributor documentation
  4. plans for Akademy contributor recruiting
  5. tasks until next meeting
  6. miscellaneous

Notes

Attendants: Andreas, Magdalena, Myriam, Oindrila

  1. Reports
    • Magda:
      • added blog to planetKDE
      • created developer account
      • added 4 new units: Weather, Sport, Family, and Countries and cultures
      • added recordings for British English
      • drafted plan for contributor handbook
    • Oindrila
      • working on Hindi phonology
      • added blog to planetKDE
    • Course overview has new column
    • work at course editor
  2. Course Skeleton Progress
    • progress is good!
    • Newly finished: Weather, Sport, Family, and Countries
    • we update the course planning page with unit descriptions
  3. Contributor Documentation
    • Magda presents concept (now at wiki)
    • contributor documentation will be at techbase
    • we will start creating stub pages for the main topics
    • major part must be finished until Akademy
  4. Akademy Event
    • Oindrila will ask Jeff about lightning talks for GSoC students
    • we will organize a BoF to talk about how to contribute courses
    • course editor, basic course skeleton and contributor documentation must be finished (and tested) for this
  5. ToDos
    • all: add unit descriptions to planning page
    • Oindrila: add Akademy event concept to wiki
    • Magda: create pages for contributor documenation
    • Andreas: create mockup for new traning screen
  6. Misc
    • nothing

Monday, 2013 June 3rd, 6:00 pm UTC

Agenda

  1. discuss proposed unit list
  2. project responsibilities for OPW/GSoC 2013
  3. milestones for OPW/GSoC 2013
  4. promotion (subscribe to planet.kde.org, etc.)
  5. workflows/technical stuff:
    • usage of reviewboard
    • creating developer accounts
  6. tasks until next meeting

Notes

Attendants: Andreas, Magdalena, Myriam, Oindrila

  1. Units
    • overall look OK
    • "Emergency" unit will cover natural calamity, theft, accident (but not medical)
    • "Proverbs" will not be included in basic course skeleton, but moved to list of "interesting topics" (reason: proverbs differ too much even for simliar languages)
    • Oindrila will add column "Descriptions" to course list and we all will add some details what the units will be about
  2. Coordination Responsibilities
    • Learner UI & Feedback mechanisms: Oindrila
    • Course Distribution & Course Integrity Checks: Magdalena
    • Languages:
      • Bengali (Oindrila)
      • Hindi (Oindrila)
      • French (Magdalena)
      • Polish (Magdalena)
      • American English (Andreas)
    • Documentation
      • Contributor Part: Magdalena
      • End User/Learner: Oindrila
  3. Milestones
    • look OK
    • will discuss again next week and check if time points seem reasonable
  4. Organization
    • Oindrila and Magdalena will register blogs at planet.kde.org
    • Magdalena will request KDE contributor account

This page was last edited on 11 June 2014, at 19:43. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.