Involved parties should include web developers/web artists, documentators, designers, sysadmins, promo people
When and Where?
It will be held at LinuxHotel in Essen, from 1 to 5th June 2011.
Attendees and Costs
Please fill out your final details in the list below and especially make clear what amount you want to have reimbursed in the column "Real Cost"
|| Est. Costs
|| Real Cost
|| Food Req.
|| Transport or Airport
|| Single/share room?
||just no fish :P
||Should be <€200
||~€136 (£100.31 + ~€20 for trains in Germany)
||1st around noon
||meat & pizza
||~€190 (Flights €125 and rest for train/bus)
||1st before noon
||Meat and a bit of everything
||DUS then train; bus then NRN
||€190 (HEL-DUS) + ???
||~190€ (Flights 120€)
||1st around noon
||DUS + Train
General Web topics
- Implement a working communication bridge between promo, www, docu and sysadmins (mailinglist, contact persons documented?)
- Skin - Chihuahua 2 - in relation to all websites
- Aiming for consistency and ease of maintenance - creating templates, etc.
- Branding/graphics guidelines?
- Documentation relating to website design and maintenance
- Liquid Thread display issues
- Can and should the Translate system be added to TechBase?
- What issues stop TechBase and Community pages being kept up-to-date?
- Future of hard-to-maintain pages such as http://userbase.kde.org/Issues_Knowledge_Base
- Chihuahua (and, it appears, older wikis) still seems to have problems with enumeration, for example:
- first level
- sub of first level
1. first level
- 1.1 sub of first level
- UserBase Help topics - check relevance, organisation and ease of access.
- Adopt a Project - elicit commitment to keep specific pages as up to date as possible.
- Develop a set of useful Dynamic Page Lists scripts for admins to gather statistics.
- Investigate creation of a UI to enable users to earch Main and Talk namespaces in more detail than currently possible.
- Create a Book - define needs for off-line documentation and write documentation to achieve it. Investigate special needs such as all pages in a specific language (how does Special:myLanguage affect this?)
- If we consider CDs of off-line documentation we need to be able to add the animated gifs from the Plasma/How-To pages. Would PDFs correctly link to them?
- It is possible that the animations will be recorded as OGG files in the future (for better quality) and converted to GIF, what would be the best option for online and offline documentation, respectively?
- Moving a page that has associated translations - what is required to get this working?
- Importing .po files to a specific location (Umbrello, at author request)
- Welcoming (and, later, rewarding) new translators (and contributors?)
- Discuss ways of rewarding/acknowledging contribution - separate for translations and English new material (stats are different).
- How to encourage developers and Forum admins to point users to UserBase articles?
- Add a piece - A proposal for encouraging users to add information to UserBase.
This page was last modified on 2 June 2011, at 15:55. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.