- 2 Work report
- 3 Future Work
- 4 Link to Proposal
- 5 Contact
Supporting Animated PDF
For supporting the animate package, I had to modify Poppler to support changing the Forms AP stream. This AP stream is what says to Poppler what and where to render.
Other features that were implemented:
- Display - This feature defines if the form is visible and printable, there are four combinations defined in the API reference with these flags.
- Interval Functions - The base of the animation is to execute some actions in some pre defined interval, gladly we had QTimer to support this, I implemented them with a connection to execute the script given.
Now we can reproduce any animations that are produced by the animate or TikZ beamer packages:
- Base support - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/10
- Printable options - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/merge_requests/316
- Okular does not play animated pdf files - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=242617
- Support animation from latex package 'animate' - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=403772
Implement format functions for Form Fields
Number Fields - Formats a number in a specific currency way. It adds the symbol of the currency, prepending or appending based on the parameters passed to the function. Also defines the number of decimal cases to be used.
Percent Fields - Formats a number in a specific percent way. It adds the percent symbol after the number. Also defines the number of decimal cases to be used.
Time Fields - Formats the field with one of the four specified time strings. It can be formatted to the following four strings: "HH:MM", "HH:MM ap", "HH:MM:SS" or "HH:MM:SS ap".
Date Fields - Formats the field with a specific date format which is passed with arguments. This argument is passed as a string.
Special Fields - A set of different fields which can be used. They are US based and can be, for example, the SSN or telephone number.
There is also the keystroke action, which limit what is inputted on a field. This action is ignored in most of the above cases, except the special, percent and number fields.
Most of the fields included in the following file are formatted correctly, we can use it to test the field.
- Implemented support for keystroke and format actions in fields - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/16
- Implemented support for AFTime_Format and AFTime_Keystroke - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/18
- Implemented support for AFSpecial_Format and AFSpecial_Keystroke - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/21
- Changed tests to be more compact - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/29
- Implemented support for modifying the text appearance stream text - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/merge_requests/309
- Added support for AFNumber_Format and AFNumber_Keystroke - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/17
- Implemented support for AFDate_Format and AFDate_Keystroke - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/19
- Implemented support for AFPercent_Format and AFPercent_Keystroke - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/20
- Extended keystroke to be handled on opening and focusing out - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/31
This part of the work was easier than I'd first imagined. The first thing I needed to do was support for the fully qualified name of the field. After that, it only needed to implement support for validate actions for fields. With these two implemented, the field could copy to the other one.
The field is able to execute the script and copy itself to the other field.
- Add support for full name of fields - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/25
- Added support for Form Focus and Form Validate Events - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/28
This is all the work which was related to the other work, but wasn't described on the proposal.
- Support app.alert and util.printd - https://invent.kde.org/kde/okular/merge_requests/23
Functions that have a good documentation on how to implement them, and what we need as the input/output, it should be very straightforward to implement them.
Also, the different actions that are defined in the reference should be implemented, actions that happen when certain events are triggered, this part is harder because it messes up with how things should work, and when to work. We have a diagram with the way forms should handle these events, and these need to be changed in order to make good use of the events.
Link to Proposal
E-mail: [email protected]