Title : Offline Support for WikiToLearn WikiEditor
A Brief Description: OfflineExtension is an extension for WikiToLearn that will add offline support to the current WikiEditor. This extension notifies the user, his/her's internet connectivity status and if submitted while offline, will parse Wikitext to HTML and then renders it.
During Summer the following tasks were completed :
- A MediaWiki Extension that :
- Shows the exact status of internet connectivity of the user and alerts the same.
- Parses WikiText to HTML offline using Regular Expressions.
When the user is offline :
Trying to reconnect :
When the user is online :
Work to be done
The OfflineExtension is nearly complete at the moment, but still needs tweaking before it comes to production mode. Some of them are :
- Since, all the wikitext tags are currently not supported such as Tables and Templates, I have to look for ways to parse those tags without making the parser heavy.
- Making the user interface better by
- Asking user, whether he needs offline editing or not.
Telegram Nick: srijancse
Telegram Channels: WikiToLearn Tech, WikiToLearn, WikiToLearn GSoC, KDE-Soc
This is awesome about GSoC: Everything about GSoC is awesome. The best thing that I found about GSoC is be able to work on something that will actually be in production, which I think is a rare opportunity. In addition, interacting with mentors and developers from across the world and learning new things every day is priceless.
This is what I learned during GSoC:
- Working with large codebase
- Regular Expressions
- MediaWiki Extension Development
- Working with Docker
- Working with MediaWiki WikiEditor
- Google Summer of Code Blog Posts
- MediaWiki Documentation on OfflineExtension
- WikiTags Supported by OfflineExtension