GSoC/2016/StatusReports/MinhChu

From KDE Community Wiki
< GSoC‎ | 2016‎ | StatusReports

Project Overview

Project Name: Neverland Theme Builder (Neverland for short)

Description: KDE's Neverland is able to build full themes from a set of template files. The designer needs to only care about the css/js files and the correct nesting of the layout (html). Once satisfied, complete themes for any supported CMS can be outputted and then used accordingly. The project is based on node.js.

TL;DR: You create a html theme from html, css, js, mustache with prepared tools such as gulp, bower. And then Neverland creates Drupal/Neverland/Wordpress themes base on that theme (see screenshoots).

About Gsoc: it is a good experience working with Neverland project and Open source community. I learned more about Node, Node packages, working with real life project and under pressure. Overall, it was still awesome. You can see my blog posts about my progress of writing Neverland.

Screenshoots:

screen-shot-2016-06-24-at-13-31-24.png Html theme screen-shot-2016-06-24-at-13-41-14.png Wordpress theme screen-shot-2016-08-17-at-15-27-42-fullpage.png Mediawiki theme screen-shot-2016-08-17-at-15-29-54-fullpage.png Drupal theme

Work Report

Finished points:

• I rewrote the app from the scratch, improved the code quality. And now Neverland can quickly build a theme for Wordpress/Drupal/Mediawiki
  • My work is in this git repository on gsoc branch
  • My documentation about using Neverland

Improvement (in the future):

• Remove the neccessary of Mustache, using only Html
  • Make a desktop app