Some notes for developers on how to increase chances that a commit message is included in the Digest:
- add a description text why a commit is interesting (see examples below),
- most of the description text should be understandable for non-programmers,
- refer to a bug report / wishlist item (if applicable),
- reference a screenshot / blog posting,
- include the "DIGEST" keyword (note: all capital letters) in your commit message.
Examples of good commit message
The examples (1), (2) contain a one-liner summary and an explanation about the problem that is solved with the commit. In both cases the text is understandable for non-programmers.
(1) Re-add KFind shortcut for the Dolphin KPart
When the searching has been integrated into Dolphin the "Find File..." entry had been removed from the Tools menu. Re-add it into the Dolphin KPart so that it is still available for Konqueror.
(2) Let each DolphinMainWindow run in a custom process
A possible crash in one Dolphin window should not result in crashing other Dolphin windows. Beside this it also prevents issues with modal dialogs or notifications.