Amarok/Development/openDesktop.org Profile Guidelines
openDesktop.org Profile Guidelines
Amarok authors and contributors: if you wish for extended data from openDesktop.org to be displayed in Amarok's new about dialog, you need:
- An openDesktop.org account (obviously), with a profile filled according to the guidelines listed below.
- An entry in ocsData in main.cpp that connects your openDesktop.org username with your KAboutPerson object.
- Keep in mind that your openDesktop.org profile will be loaded in the about dialog only when the user enters his openDesktop.org credentials.
- Under Irc Channels please put only a list of channels, separated by single spaces and without other words (such as your nick, that goes elsewhere). (Authors only)
- Please add a 50x50 ("small") picture.
- In main.cpp, be sure to add your homepage, complete with http:// in front of it, and double check the completeness of your data.
- The homepage used in the about dialog is the one from main.cpp, not the one from the profile.
- Since this is a music player we're doing, I'll add favorite music artists. UPDATE: no need for special formatting, this can be free-form text.
- Attention: please really double check the validity of your username in main.cpp because at the moment a wrong username makes the dialog hang, waiting for data. Obviously I'll fix this with a timeout, but still please insert valid usernames.
- !!NEW!! The social about dialog now supports multiple social network links. This requires some changes in your openDesktop.org profile. Your main homepage should be declared as a "Homepage" type of link in your profile, and is used only if you haven't defined a homepage URL offline in KAboutData. For other profile links, make sure to specify the correct type (social network name). Last.fm is currently (16/10/2009) not supported in openDesktop.org and I don't know why, feel free to add your last.fm profile as "other". -- Authors only for now
This page was last edited on 10 December 2012, at 12:35. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.