If you are posting a wish here, please post it under the correct header, as well as using four elipses to show your registered username for identification purposes.
- Swaft, can you change the settings so that the items on the frontpage get shown one below the other? You know, not split left/right, just listed vertically. I tried to change it myself, but the admin interface isn't working right with my browser. --Markey 12:53, 13 Mar 2005 (EST) Swaft It doesnt seems to work here either. can you send me the direct link to it by email (to change the option)?
- Done, as markey asked ;-) --seb
- Should we enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the Mambo settings? --Markey 03:04, 21 Feb 2005 (EST) --- Hm good question ;) --Swaft
- For the banner I suggest we use the amaroK icon (not logo), but with the same dark blue color as the icon. The old light blue color looked kinda gay --Markey 04:07, 17 Feb 2005 (EST)
- The "Download" link should not lead directly to the sf.net page, because there you can only download the source tarball. Instead, it should link to a (protected) Wiki page, which lists all package download sources and the tarball. I will help with making this page. --Markey 05:38, 18 Feb 2005 (EST)
- A page for things like buttons, banners, icons... and perhaps a submitfunction for such staff would be nice--Apachelogger 13:07, 19 Feb 2005 (EST)
- If you have something you want to submit, make a page (like Community/Advertising or whatever) and use upload file (like what markey did with the logos for 1.2 page). The wiki is your friend. --Eean 15:57, 19 Feb 2005 (EST) ---
- Now that the screenshot gallery is all messed up anyway, I think we should upgrade to a better gallery software. The current one isn't all that funky. --Markey 04:09, 17 Feb 2005 (EST)
- I think the color of the amaroK logo on the site could be improved. It doesn't look very fresh, I think. Of course I have no idea which color tone would look better, but perhaps some artistically gifted person could give us advice ;) --Markey 03:38, 23 Feb 2005 (EST)
- Mxcl: personally I think the color looks good. Not everything needs to look "fresh" all the time.
- Can we restore the remaining screenshots from the old gallery? Some important images were lost, like the Mockup section. --Markey 04:07, 27 Feb 2005 (EST) Yes, all the images are still on the webspace. I will upload them asap.--Swaft
- Would be good to upload them in original size (not auto-resized), so that the fullscreen view works. --Markey 03:45, 28 Feb 2005 (EST)
They are all uploaded in /images/zoom/ , I just dont know how to bring them to the Gallery section, gonna ask Paleo for it. --Swaft 23:11, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)
Ah, cool. No need to ask Paleo then, I can upload them myself. --Markey 03:33, 8 Mar 2005 (EST)
- A user noted that nowhere on the site we say what amaroK actually is. He's right.. We prolly need something like Learn More or About amaroK. --Markey 13:04, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)
Alright, I will try to write something tonight, and then subit it to you by email to know if everything is okay. --Swaft 23:08, 7 Mar 2005 (EST)
- I made several suggestions concerning the website on the forum here. Some additionnal requests : maybe add the slogan somewhere in the horizontal bands on the top; I liked the way the screenshots were organized, i particularly miss the exciting "in development" section for example, so could you add the categories we add before ? Thanks :)
--seb I renamed the development gallery because this would constantly become outdated. For in development images, check out images in the latest upcoming release (now 1.3 series)
Swaft I am currently setting the setup things you asked.
- I wish, really wish to redesign the amarok.kde.org. The devSquad of amaroK helped me to rediscover my music, I want to help you and the others to rediscover the web-site :) What do you think? As I see, there's no particular person who's task is polishing, fixing and givin' a good look'n'feel to the amarok.kde.org. I wish to be that person (unless there's such one ) --Ivan Lezhnev, Jr. If you want to help me for the new website, plz log on IRC at irc.freenode.net #amaroK or send me an email at swaft'at'pwsp.net so we can talk about tasks and such. I dont know if you looked at the jobs page? Whatever, coding part isnt the problem. I only need some help for the design and for GFX related to the website. I have already hand drawn a sketch and I exactly know how the website design will be, yes of course, you opinions are welcome :P. W/e if you still intesrested, come so we can talk about it, it would be pretty nice to have someone to work with. :) --Swaft 17:49, 9 May 2005 (EDT) I'm on the way :) --Ivan Lezhnev, Jr.
- i thought i try amarok ... because i was unhappy that i could not browse the file structure of the collection in Rythmbox (currently my mp3s are not tagged well enough) ... what gave me a very bad taste, was that apparently amarok is manipulating files when modifying the collection ... especially it really deletes the files when you remove a file from the collection ... ?REALY ?? thats so 1996 !! people you have a database at your hands ... start using it !!
- so there are two (3) wishes:
- 1. have 2 kinds of delete ! remove from collection, and remove from filesystem. ( also add ad files from anywhere to collection would be good .. without moving it into the music folder)
- 2. have the path for first, second or third level
- so there are two (3) wishes: