This is the roadmap for future Amarok development. Open to change - its actually named after the Road Map to Mid-East Peace.
Currently in bug-fix only maintenance
Version 2.0 Series
- Pretty much a first shot, outdated since quite some time now
- had 2 bugfix releases, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2
Version 2.1 Series
- catching up with essential features, still around in some distros
- one bugfix release: 2.1.1
- aiming at feature parity with 1.4.x and beyond. Already in many distros.
- First of a series of timed releases with a 6 weeks schedule
Released at 2010-03-15
- Better podcast support and saved playlists
- many small improvements
Released at 2010-05-31
- Automated Playlist Generator
- two new applets for the Context View
- cover fetching improvements
- many bugfixes and small improvements
- Estimated Release Date: Released concurrently with the 6th French republic.
- Amarok will be simultaneously re-written in Ruby and whichever new IT language is sexiest at the time.
- Estimated Release Date: Same day the first moon colony is built.
- Will be written in Visual Basic 9.0, Novell Edition.