Amarok/Archives/Not yet implemented features in Amarok 2
Wikipedia lookup limited to artist only.
- Grouping options are limited.
- Can't separate collection into groups by first letter.
Filtering depending on the time you added a song to the collection. Back in 2.1
- No support for PostgreSQL or Sqlite. Will not come back, we use MySQL (Embedded) exclusively now.
Support for MySQL daemons will come in a later release likely.External MySQL server support is available in 2.2.
- Some media devices are not yet supported:
USB Mass storage: only via file browser
- iRiver iFP, Creative Nomad JukeBox and Dell DJ digital audio players, Rio Karma
Queuing in the playlist Back in 2.0.1 Stop after track Back in 2.0.1 Filtering Back in 2.0.1 Sorting based on different parameters. We have a plan for a new UI to do this, it will be implemented in a future Amarok release. "Classical", table like playlist view Back in 2.1
- Organising tracks from within playlist. i.e. no "move to collection" option.
Cue files are not yet supported.Back in 2.1, though usage not ideal. See bug 191185: Cue sheet support broken in amarok 2.1 beta and bug 187587: cue sheet not working for files in collection. The File Browser is missing context actions
- Drag and Drop is not yet implemented in may places: Context (Album Applet), between different browsers (Collection/File -> Playlist), etc
Support for labels Audio CD playback
Dynamic collection Back in 2.1
- DAAP server support
Last.fm recommendations and dynamic playlists based on that
Equalizer, Visualizations: Phonon support needed
- Statistics: there exists a script for that
This page was last edited on 20 December 2012, at 13:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.