- Amarok 2.0 Marketing!!!
- word-of-mouth recommendation
- Why are we better than ITunes?
- organize your collection
- ripping of CDs
- survey with I-Tunes-user(s)
- no negative marketing
- lots of free songs out of the box
- differentiate between people who already know Amarok and those who don't
- looks good ;-)
- <leinir> apachelogger: Ah yes... just remember i've got another thing that might be good to have on the agenda for the 2.0 marketing meeting - you might remember me poking about with the idea of a mascot in the dev channel... maybe it'd be a good idea to discuss how best to use something like that at that meeting :)
- A call for estimates for a mascot suit: http://community.livejournal.com/fursuitauctions/294063.html
- working together with kde-promo?
- ITunes database import
- PressKit? ( http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/1633.html )
- expanding translations? remove translations? a decision should be made.
- recruit antispam squad? Wiki, forums, and now the Drupal comments.
- linuxtag revu
What we need to do for2.0:
- work on a proper theme for ako
- do videos/flash presentations of Amarok for new users
- get statements by famous people about Amarok
- do a PressKit -> for forums and "real" press
- collect links to mac-site and windows-sites and contact them ( News Sites )
- collect the names of the most important magazines and contact them
- maybe introduce Amarok 2.0 as beta for Mac and Windows - we need to have a proper release to not make a bad first impression because we may not get a second chance
- make a decision about translations of ako - Do them properly or not at all?
- ask lastFM for sponsoring
- get in contact with distros about shipping Amarok as default musicplayer on gnome
- pay an artist to get our artwork done? Make a page on the wiki for potential artists (What do we expect/need?).
- make a side-by-side comperison of musicplayers - maybe targeted at the specific OS - sould not be the most prominent part of our marketingcampaign
- make CDs to give away to friends? like shipit? live-CD?
- get more people do the marketingsurvey
- get word-of-mouth recomendations going
- make it easy to import ratings (and other things?) from ITunes
- target the Firefox/digg-crowd first
- make "Get Amarok Now"-buttons for blogs and websites
- how do we get them to use IRC (webapplet)?
- proper introduction to dynamic and smart playlists for everyone (at first startup?)
do not forget:
- no negative marketing!!!
- Win- and MAC-users expect different things from their software
What we have and need to concentrate on:
- our biggest asset: great team - like a family -> get them into our community and show how great it is
- drm-free music
- lots of free music
- good and reliable support on IRC/forum/mailinglist
- lastFM- and jamendo-integration
- suggested songs
- Amarok looks good
- organize collection only if the user wants it
competitors on MAC:
competitors on Windows:
- Windows Media Player
- - we had no tape
- - buy food and trinks in advance next time (very expensive and no time at Linuxtag)
- - more advertising for the talk on the day of the talk
- - be prepared for the strange guys ;-)
- - get a hotel nearby next time
- - briefing on the end of the first day next time
- + organised howling - flashmoblike next time
- + lots of visitors at our booth
- + ask people to come to the booth - otherwise they are to shy(?)
- + work together with other exibitors to get more people to the booth by making it look crowded
- landO did great work on his iconset for Amarok
(see http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,14132.msg18785.html#msg18785 )Not Working
- discussion to work together with http://www.softwarefreedom.org - we need time to think about that
- buy a wolf-costume for Amarok? not yet because it is to expensive right now - maybe later. leinir has offered to pay half the price for the costume.
This page was last edited on 25 December 2012, at 18:01. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.