Public Speaking Training
Time and place: Saturday 0830-0955, Sunday 0900-0955, Sunday 1805-1900, with practicals during the weekend lunch breaks all in EI8
Trainer: Marta Rybczynska, technical public speaker and trainer
Description: If you're considering public speaking on a technical event or you have already spoken, but want to improve your skills, you can learn new techniques from this training. We will use the complete Akademy conference as a learning experience.
The training will have a workshop part (Saturday and Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon) and individual practice/assessment sessions during the weekend.
The subjects we are going to cover (contact the trainer if you have suggestions!):
- The basics: content and structure
- The form: slides, delivery, body language
- Making your presentation shine
- Answers to common questions: Where to speak? How to prepare an abstract?
Before the workshop please prepare two talks (2 minutes each):
- Why you're taking this workshop?
- What are you working on now? (in KDE , school project, work,...)
Participants (there are currently only 6 spaces):
- Dileep Sankhla
- Rohan Garg
- Bhavisha Dhruve
- Bhushan Shah
- Dominik Kummer (There you go! I can't make it -- Paul)
So sorry I have to bow out! I'll be on a plane during the first session :( -- Nate
Waiting List (you will be notified in case of cancellations):