In July, during the days of Akademy 2013, there are a lot of music festivals near Bilbao. Hurry up if you want to get a ticket:
- From 3 to 7: Getxo Jazz Festival: Just 30 min from Bilbao by Metro, located in the coast, you'll be able to enjoy jazz music with famous artists like Al Di Meola, Gonzalo Rubalcaba or Wynton Marsalis.
- 11, 12, 13: Bilbao BBK Live: this is a famous yearly celebration in Bilbao, with great rock and pop bands. This is why it will be difficult to find a place to sleep if you haven't gotten your reservation by now.
- 13: Txapel Reggae: reach Armintza, a beautiful small village on the coast of Bizkaia, and move your skeleton all the night among reggae notes. This year, it includes the special presence of the New York Ska Jazz Ensemble.
- From 16 to 20: Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival: Have you ever listened to universally famous Paco de Lucía? See him along with Chick Corea and a lot more in Vitoria-Gasteiz, the Administrative Capital of Basque Country.
- 18, 19, 20: Getxo Blues Festival: for blues lovers, this is an affordable festival that year by year brings famous voices.
- 21, 22, 23: International Festival of Folklore in Getxo
- From 24 to 28: Donostia Jazz Festival: Visit the beautiful Donostia, taste the famous pintxos and enjoy another well known jazz festival.
- From 12 to 28: South Pyrenees Festival: 4 hours away from Bilbao, this international cultural festival is an enjoyable way for resting among mountains and music.
- From 6 to 14: In the city of Pamplona (2 hours from Bilbao), you'll find a world famous attraction: San Fermín. Plan a trip and reach the big party, but... do not dare to run in front of the bulls or maybe you won't be at Akademy-2013.
- All july: the whole month is full of fiestas in the small villages of the Basque Country. Prepare to dance and laugh. Take a look at the calendars for:
This page was last edited on 8 July 2013, at 12:54. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.