KDE EDU on Plasma Active
* How can we make sure we are a first citizen on the project?
- Touch Friendly
- Do not care too much on the toolkit
- Prefer Qt
- Prefer QML
- Prefer Plasma Components + Package
- Allow different resources (qml files, js, icons, etc) depending on the platform
so you can fine tune for screen size, touch/nottouch, etc
* Tablets in retail from MakePlayLive has "free points" as part of their buy, so they can go to "app store"
and buy stuff
* Do we really want to ask for "points" for the edu apps?
- Who gets the money?
* Tablets in retail from MakePlayLive will come with some "basic apps" that are free from scratch,
devices that are useful after booting them
* Will try to provide a way for free software apps saying "here's my git repo, build my app"
* two developer stories for deploying onto the device
- Pure QML (platform independent code)
- Mer SDK (sebas says it's really easy) cross compiling
* For local development you don't need any "extra" requirement, just the libs, make, etc
* There should not be problems with packages with dependecies to libraries (like we had in ovi store for harmattan)
- Apps can point to "non official" repositories in the "official" OBS server
* Lots of plasma qml packages have boilerplate code to load kdeclarative, etc
- Do something similar to plasmoidviewer
- For apps that need a C++ bit you need can go "plugin" based
* App store is working
This page was last modified on 22 September 2012, at 20:31. This page has been accessed 198 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2