Difference between revisions of "Windows/Issues/kdewin-installer"
(wishes are implemented already)
m (Ochurlaud moved page Windows/Imported From TechBase/Issues/kdewin-installer to Windows/Issues/kdewin-installer)
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 14:58, 18 March 2016
Issues that should be considered for the KDEWin-Installer:
- currently no issues known
Long time goals
- Give more meaningful installation progress: show the whole data size to be downloaded, show download speed calculated over the whole duration, estimate time needed for the whole installation to complete
- Centralize redistributable Qt and KDE files around the KDEWin-Installer (putting location in PATH?)
- Allow third party KDE/Qt app to reuse the installer to check if all their dependencies are already installed, and download where necessary
- Polish the installer to look and behave like other installers on Windows, including customizable app specific branding with all packages and dependency resolution hidden from the user
- Specify human readable installation configuration file containing all the customizing options for third party app developers, allowing running KDEWin-Installer from this file locally or from the net as 1-click-install solution
- Aggressively promote KDEWin-Installer as *the* one stop KDE/Qt software distribution solution on Windows systems
This page was last edited on 18 March 2016, at 14:58. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.