Difference between revisions of "Windows/Issues/emerge"
m (11 revisions imported)
Revision as of 13:34, 11 March 2016
Issues with emerge
For system-dependent parts emerge should rely on the kdewin-installer package
- make the kdewin-installer work on the commandline and integrate into emerge
- integrate kdewin-menubuilder
- test for kdewin-* applications before using them
Some more functions that are needed
- find a better solution what to build (accept multiple targets at the commandline like the original emerge does)
- implement an update command which either updates the installed packages or which updates one package only
- make two packages possible: 'emerge-bin' and 'emerge-portage'.
- use another way to update the portage directory in future (rsync or similar)
Add missing documentation
There seem to be tons of options that were added but not yet documented - if someone has nothing to do or if you want to understand emerge better, you should start and document those options. The options are defined in emerge/bin/emerge.py so you should be able to find them easily.
The idea is to replace the desktop and toolbtaskbar with something based on code from http://bb4win.sourceforge.net.