"KDE libraries and applications are available to you, no matter if you are a commercial developer, manager or free software hacker. You are invited to not only just use the toolkit - you can contribute your own solutions and improvements to the KDE community."
The KDE on Windows Initiative is an ongoing project to port the KDE applications to MS Windows.
Getting in Touch
The preferred method for installing most KDE applications under Windows is the KDE-Installer. However, the most recent version available from the installer is KDE 4.10.2. Many KDE applications have since been ported to the more modern "KDE Frameworks / KF5" libraries, and some have started providing Windows installers. Due to the more modular nature of KDE Frameworks, there is no single installer for these applications. Rather, please refer to the website of the application(s) you wish to install or check the instructions on building KDE on Windows from source.
- Windows specific features: modifying the location of .kde and some more internal settings
- Build KDE on Windows using emerge
- Debugging on MS Windows
- Development Workflow
- Tools (required or useful)
- Porting Guidelines
- Source code in the KDE git: emerge
- TODO lists
- Packaging / Distributing KDE apps on Windows
- How to Help / Join
Further reading, and support ressources
- Related blogs: kfunk, saroengels, Not active: chehrlic, jstaniek
- KDE on Windows in the press and presentations