User:Massimo: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 50: Line 50:

Standard video or audio TRANSITION: Shift+D (you have to be with the edit line between two clips and we need single track video and audio transition function)
Standard video or audio TRANSITION: Shift+D (you have to be with the edit line between two clips and we need single track video and audio transition function)
Timeline Render: ENTER

Revision as of 23:14, 12 January 2016

== Kdenlive keyboard shortcuts. ==

During the first Kdenlive café we talked about to open a page about keyboard shortcuts. Someone said that professionals won't use Kdenlive for this reason because without the right shortcuts the job isn't fast enough. I'm a professional video editor who wants to sustain Kdenlive development so I studied the problem but, as I wrote in the chat during the Café, we don't miss the shortcuts but the functions (insert and extract with IN OUT point as references, a good trimming window and all the 4 different kind of timming functions.) As first step I checked again how the main professional systems I used in the past (AVID, Premiere and FCP) are mapped. For the moment my first list for basical functions is this one:

IN: I

OUT: O

Go to IN: Q

Go to OUT: W

First frame of a selected clip: A

Last frame of a selected clip: S

Go to previous CUT: PageDOWN

Go to next CUT: PageUP

Go at the timeline beginning: HOME

Go at the timeline end: END

Next Frame: RIGHT ARROW

Previous Frame: LEFT ARROW

Delete IN: D

Delete OUT: F

Delete IN and OUT: G

Play Pause: Space

Stop Pause: K

Play: L (for multispeed press more times L)

Play backward: J (for multispeed press more times J)

LIFT from IN to OUT point: Z (this function still miss)

EXTRACT from IN to OUT point: X (this function still miss)

Timeline Render: ENTER

Maybe the first step we can do is to use these references for creating a new default map. I hope we can start a discussion on this.

Massimo Stella