Revision as of 15:22, 2 July 2012 by Tdfischer (Created page with "= Notes = * A list of things of what is going on ** Conferences, who is going to what, whats in the area * We're somehow not reaching other people ** Only four developers came t...")
- A list of things of what is going on
- Conferences, who is going to what, whats in the area
- We're somehow not reaching other people
- Only four developers came to Akademy 2012.
- There are more, but we can't find them.
- Two Akronites came to the 4.5 release party, not counting tdfischer
- Why is it popular in europe?
- Parties in bars? Probably not. We should have 100 by now.
- At Linux Fests, people talk about Linux. We should be a grassroots movement by going to all the fests (all of them) and finding people.
- LinuxCon - We have a booth every year!
- Oscon - Maybe have a BoF?
What are we trying to do?
Grow KDE in the USA
- Outreach, yes. Talking to people, yes.
- Linux Action Show
- No way to gauge involvement success
- "If you want to do amazing stuff with this amazing organization, KDE is the place for you."
- Somehow encourage people to get involved after we meet them at the conventions.
- Come to our parties. Srsly.
- Have a sign up. Do you use KDE? Do you know C++? "What better place could you volunteer than KDE?!"
- LUGS??? (answer: yes.)
- "Its not a puzzle what we're trying to do. We want users, developers, and companies who are using KDE and are open to something about it."
- We need goals for this ^
- Developers: Want to make a difference in your life? Know about bugfixes or C++? DO YOU LIKE TO PARTY AND/OR ROCK? Contribute to KDE.
This page was last edited on 2 July 2012, at 16:26. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.