Difference between revisions of "USA"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 15:39, 2 July 2012
Also: Keep your name and contact info on expensive posters
- Update wiki pages such as Promo/Events/Upcoming#North_America with events such as LinuxCon, Ohio LinuxFest, Camp KDE, etc.
- Creation of a non-profit to fund sprints, staff conferences, general organization, and to help with legal matters for developers.
- Regional volunteer leaders have been discussed, and it's something that might be pursued.
- Discussion concerning a non-profit group continues on the mailing list as of May 2012.
- A git repository for the Promo team(https://projects.kde.org/projects/others/kde-promo/) was created in March 2012, giving us a nice way distribute digital resources for someone looking to help.
- The chat channel #kde-usa on Freenode was created in March, 2012.
- In September 2011, the mailing list(https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-usa/) was created.
- Active engagement outside of conferences should be encouraged. Something like a "KDE Day" can be organized at hackerspaces where KDE is introduced to help others become familiar with its available workspaces.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.