Difference between revisions of "USA"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 15:39, 2 July 2012
Also: Keep your name and contact info on expensive posters
- Update wiki pages such as Promo/Events/Upcoming#North_America with events such as LinuxCon, Ohio LinuxFest, Camp KDE, etc.
- Creation of a non-profit to fund sprints, staff conferences, general organization, and to help with legal matters for developers.
- Regional volunteer leaders have been discussed, and it's something that might be pursued.
- Discussion concerning a non-profit group continues on the mailing list as of May 2012.
- A git repository for the Promo team(https://projects.kde.org/projects/others/kde-promo/) was created in March 2012, giving us a nice way distribute digital resources for someone looking to help.
- The chat channel #kde-usa on Freenode was created in March, 2012.
- In September 2011, the mailing list(https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-usa/) was created.
- Active engagement outside of conferences should be encouraged. Something like a "KDE Day" can be organized at hackerspaces where KDE is introduced to help others become familiar with its available workspaces.
This page was last edited on 2 July 2012, at 15:39. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.