Is OPT-IN ID (from KEXI) understood?

Jump to: navigation, search

Referring to version https://community.kde.org/index.php?title=Policies/Telemetry_Policy&oldid=78057

There seems to be emphasis on assuring that OPT-IN unique identification (like in KEXI, OPT-IN ID in short below) is never used by compliant KDE projects. I'd like to understand a specific measure that shows opinion of our user base and our contributors. That these groups A) understood the OPT-IN ID and its scope correctly and B) the OPT-IN ID is rejected as something negative (explanation needed backed by facts)

To be able to move closer to the answer I'd like to know if OPT-IN is seen in conflict with this point or not:

ANONIMITY "We do not transmit data that could be used to identify a specific user. In particular: [..] we will not use any unique device, installation or user id"

Disclaimer: From the very beginning I started to use it in KEXI with no intent to be in conflict with this. The ID is not based on device properties, OS properties or user identity. It's a big random number, the same as used by web application in cookies. Its reason is ONLY to unique users per given pattern (such as users of a "1024" screen resolution). That's the same measurement as number of unique web visitors.

19:47, 2 April 2018

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Users, Administrators, trusted, KDEDevelopers.

You can view and copy the source of this page.

Return to Thread:Talk:Policies/Telemetry Policy/Is OPT-IN ID (from KEXI) understood?/reply.