Difference between revisions of "Tasks and Tools"
(add tasks and tools)
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
Latest revision as of 13:18, 8 December 2012
Before you Start
First Things First
- To contribute to UserBase you must register an account. See what advantages this brings you on the Quick Start page. There you will also find help to register and log in.
- Be aware that your contribution will be governed by the Copyright. Click on the images in the Navigation Panel to read the details. You are agreeing to your contribution being publicly available and that others can use that information on their own sites.
- Use the Talk page to communicate with other contributors or get help. Normally someone will get back to you within a day.
It should relate to KDE software, directly or indirectly. We define it like this:
- 13px For New Users - helping to get started
- 13px For Regular Users - learning about new features and tips
- 13px For Advanced Users - but use sub-pages for this.
- Not for Developers - Techbase is the place for that
Ways to Contribute
Update Existing Content
- Update an image, replacing an outdated image with a newer one.
- Create a screenshot
- Modify existing content, fix a spelling, clarify a description, add more details.
Add New Pages
- Create a new page, showcase an application, introduce a new concept.
- Write a manual. You need to know an application quite well, and probably to be in contact with the author. We can help you.
|It's important to be consistent, particularly in Manuals, so here are some general rules:
Hints and Tips
Some Preferences that will help -
- If you don't have  links against the sections, open your (in the section of the sidebar) then look for and in the set
- While you are in those settings, enable - while you are editing you can glance at the original display for reference
- The default display is to show the preview first, with the edit box below. If you prefer the edit box at the top you can change that setting in the same place
This page was last edited on 8 December 2012, at 13:18. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.