Difference between revisions of "Talk:Promo/Guidance/Talking Points"
Revision as of 02:39, 8 December 2010
These are either not compelling or need info to be added to the short list above. Please feel free to adjust.
- Meteo applet in a PANEL (weather applet on desktop takes too much space and is generally useless, whereas put in the panel it's discrete and classy when you click on it and just pop-up the weather state!)
- Need to have a look at this and see
- Folder View - quick and easy access to certain folders, certain kinds of files
- Possibly, particularly if combined with activities, perhaps (have different files on your desktop in work and play modes?
- Perhaps - Gnome has this too, how about Windows and Mac?
- Themability of KDE-Games + KNewStuff - little things that make a big impression
- Perhaps point out more generally the extensive features and quality of what on other platforms would be preinstalled "dummy apps"?
- KDevelop's Semantic Highlighting - technical, but pretty awesome and useful
- K3b - Application for CD / DVD / Blueray authoring. Use instead of Nero / PowerISO / Easy CD Creator. Can rip, copy, erase and or burn with a number of supported formats, using application interface or guided wizards.
- So how's it obviously better than Nero etc?
- KMyMoney2(soon to be version 4) - Application for home money management. Use instead of Microsoft Money. Hides the complexity of double accounting in simple to edit transactions. Customizable reports show you where your money is being spent, with future projections. Able to import from online bank websites.
- Wow factor?
- Kaffeine - Application for DVD and video viewing. Replaces PowerDVD / Microsoft Media Player. Intuitive interface and able to skip the none skipable parts of a DVD.
- Not obeying DVD spec (skipping stuff) is nice, but is it a wow? Also the software has some legal issues (potentially) in some places so not suitable for demonstating everywhere
- Kdenlive - Application for video editing. Video editing for users. Similar to Sony Vegas
- Is it better? What's the wow feature?
- Dolphin - Very easy file browsing(the + mark feature for example), nice previews, split feature
- Again, what's the wow factor (maybe once some more Nepomuk stuff gets added?
- Dolphin - Audio CD ripping just by copying folders!
- Mentioned above, but thanks
- Device notifier applet + Battery applet
- Really a wow compared to other platforms?
- KMess - easy, fast and powerful MSN chat application.
- But better than the others in an obvious wow kind of way?
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.