Talk:Get Involved/Issue Reporting

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 14:21, 26 November 2021 by Smihael (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Bugzilla vs gitlab == As someone that has been following KDE development over the years superficially, it is unclear to me whether or not bugs can also be reported to KDE'...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Bugzilla vs gitlab

As someone that has been following KDE development over the years superficially, it is unclear to me whether or not bugs can also be reported to KDE's gitlab instance at invent.kde.org as issues rather than creating tickets in bugzilla at bugs.kde.org?

According to information on this site, which is well exposed on www.kde.org, everything should go to bugs.kde.org as invent.kde.org is not even mentioned in this part of Get Involved. This brings me into confusion as there indeed are many issues tagged as bugs on [=Bug gitlab].

What is the distinction? Perhaps, that issues on gitlab should be used mainly for components still in the development process (i.e. unreleased code in devel branch) and bug reports on bugzilla primarily for bugs for standard releases? Where should feature enhancement requests and wishes go?

Best, --Smihael (talk) 14:21, 26 November 2021 (UTC)