This setup is not yet finished. Do not follow these instructions. Move on!
Writing rules for the conversion from svn to git requires you to download the whole svn repository. The size of that is 65GB. This is a problem for a lot of our developers. Hence we have setup 3 servers which can be used for the rule writing.
The 3 servers are identical in setup. Every registered KDE developers has access to all 3 servers with the keys you have setup on identity.kde.org.
Info about the server
Dual core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 250, 4GB internal memory
Hexa core, 6GB internal memory
Quad core, 512MB internal memory (can be expanded as we need it)
- You share the account with all developers, for example don't install your favorite .vimrc as that affects all developers.
- Don't run any applications because you want to. IRC Bouncers for example.
- Use it for the rule writing. Everything else is wrong.
- Create a folder named after your identity.kde.org username and only work in there.
- We have made agreements about all this with the donators. If you violate the intended usage, we risk loosing the machine.
- svn-all-fast-export is installed into the distro and is from Oct 18th. If a bug is fixed and you need it, drop sysadmin a note and we will start the sequence to update it.
- the svn repo can be queried in the gitmaster home directory. For example:
svn log -v --stop-on-copy file:///home/gitmaster/svn/trunk/extragear/utils/rsibreak
- the svn repo is updated every 4 hours.
- if you need rules, you can find them in: /home/gitmaster/kde-ruleset, this is read-only, so copy them over to your personal folder and work on them. When done, scp your personal folder to your own computer and commit to git from there.
- the rules are updated every 4 hours.
- You can scp your personal folder to your computer with the following command executed from your own computer:
scp -P 22308 -r [email protected]:toma folder-from-dewey -P 22308 is only needed for dewey, otherwise leave it out replace 'toma' with your svn username (the folder you created on the server) replace 'folder-from-dewey' with folder name you like on your computer.