Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meetings (Sunday, 10th to Saturday, 16th of September 2017).
- 1 Important general information
- 2 Hardware to use and try
- 3 Room/Group reservations
- 4 OpenDay
- 5 Trip - TBD
- 6 Menu plan
- 7 Blog posts and other news about the meeting
- 8 Picture collections about the meeting
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure (TBD).
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- GPG keysigning
- Kitchen information
- Registration page - see table below
Topic this year
Make KDE software more accessible
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 (closed on Thursday afternoon)
- Saturday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 (NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED)
Remember to bring
This is a not-exhaustive list by going thru various emails sent
- Clothes fitting the weather
- Indoor shoes
- Sleeping bag or 30 CHF for renting a thick blanket.
- 15CHF per day for food (plus 5 CHF for the week: chef fee ;-)
- Swiss power adapter
- Hiking shoes
Remember, Randa House is closer to camping than to a 5 star hotel.
Hardware to use and try
- 1 Projector (kind of broken, too bad contrasts)
Enter your group below:
|Date||Device 1||Device 2|
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
|Tuesday: 08:00-12:00||Around 10:00 - AcroYoga for Geeks - stretching and some balancing fun - room/outdoors to be announced at breakfast time -- Frederik|
|Tuesday: 14:00-18:00||15:07: 4 hour walk to the bridge, cross it and be back for dinner|
|Wednesday: 14:00-18:00||15:03 Qt Quick and Keyboard navigation / focus -- Frederik|
|Thursday: 08:00-12:00||10:13 (or after the journalist) Stretch Goal: AcroYoga for everyone -- Frederik||~10:00 Local Journalist visits|
|Thursday: 14:00-18:00||15:09: Voice as input: Voice interfaces are taking over the world, what can and should KDE do? How will we innovate? Brainstorming and discussion. Where does "Simon Listens" fit in? -- Frederik|
Also Wednesday 20:17 GPG keysigning.
None this year. Please get in contact with us if you're interested to visit us. We'll find a day that fits best.
Trip - TBD
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
Everyday a new meal.
- Breakfast: 7.30-9.30
- Lunch: 13.00 (1pm)
- Dinner: 19.00 (7pm)
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
When writing a blog entry, please add something like the thing below to your blog, so we can get a bit of exposure to the fundraiser. Modify the text as you see fit ;)
<div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"> <a href="https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/randameetings2017/"><img border="0" height="55" src="https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/randameetings2017/images/banner-fundraising2017.jpg" width="400" /><br /> Help us keep going, at this and many other sprints, clickety-click! :D</a></div>
- 2017-09-20 KMyMoney’s Łukasz Wojniłowicz in Randa - Łukasz Wojniłowicz
- 2017-09-20 Marble Maps - Sanjiban Bairagya
- 2017-09-15 Color Blindness Simulation - Frederik Gladhorn
- 2017-09-15 Plasma accessibility updates - David Edmundson (d_ed)
- 2017-09-15 Randa 2017 - Databases are back to KMyMoney - Thomas Baumgart (ipwizard)
- 2017-09-14 Randa 2017 – Day 3 and 4 - Thomas Baumgart (ipwizard)
- 2017-09-13 a11y mprvmnts i Rnd - Frederik Gladhorn
- 2017-09-12 Take Randa and Stuff It - Adriaan de Groot ([ade])
- 2017-09-12 digiKam 5.7.0 is released - digiKam Team
- 2017-09-11Randa 2017 – Day 1 and 2 - Thomas Baumgart (ipwizard)
- 2017-09-10 ERR (En Route to Randa) - Adriaan de Groot ([ade])
- 2017-09-09 Randa 2017 – getting ready - Thomas Baumgart (ipwizard)
- 2017-09-09 Randa Meetings 2017: Everything is ready - Randa Meetings
- 2017-09-06 Elisa, Accessibility and other News - Matthieu Gallien (mgallien)
- 2017-09-06 Kdenlive development and upcoming events - kdenlive
- 2017-09-06 System Settings Progress Andres Betts (anditosan)
- 2017-09-05 Randa Approaches - Adriaan de Groot ([ade])
- 2017-09-05 Konversation 2.x in 2018: New user interface, Matrix support, mobile version - Eike Hein (Sho)
August and before
- 2017-08-23 Calamares 3.1.3 released - Adriaan de Groot ([ade])
- 2017-07-11 Rand..ahh - Adriaan de Groot ([ade])
- 2017-07-05 Randa Meetings 2017 – Registration closes soon - Randa Meetings
- 2017-06-16 Randa Meetings 2017 – Make KDE more accessible - Randa Meetings
- 2017-05-20 Randa Meetings 2017 – Registration goes live - Randa Meetings
- 2017-05-02 Randa Meetings 2017 – 10th to 16th of September - Randa Meetings
- 2016-09-17 Last chance for Randa Meetings 2017 date selection - Randa Meetings
- 2016-08-27 QtCon and Randa Meetings 2017 date selection - Randa Meetings
- 2017-09-12 Randa Roundup - Part II - dot.kde.org (KDE.News)
- 2017-09-02 Randa Roundup - Part I - dot.kde.org (KDE.News)
- 2017-08-08 Randa Meetings 2017: It's All About Accessibility - dot.kde.org (KDE.News)
Picture collections about the meeting
- Link here