Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meetings (Sunday, 12th to Sunday, 19th of June 2016).
- 1 Important general information
- 2 Hardware to use and try
- 3 Room/Group reservations
- 4 OpenDay
- 5 Trip - TBD
- 6 Menu plan
- 7 Blog posts and other news about the meeting
- 8 Picture collections about the meeting
- 9 Table Football Tournament
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure.
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- Registration page
- Fundraiser TBD
- Feedback questionnaire: Randa Meetings participants, please fill in!
Topic this year
Bring KDE software to more platforms
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 (closed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon)
- Saturday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 (NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED)
Remember to bring
This is a not-exhaustive list by going thru various emails sent
- Clothes fitting the weather
- Indoor shoes
- Sleeping bag or 30 CHF for renting a thick blanket.
- 15 CHF per day for food (plus 5 CHF for the week: chef fee ;-)
- Swiss power adapter
- Hiking shoes
Remember, Randa House is closer to camping than to a 5 star hotel.
Hardware to use and try
- 2 ExoPC (1:?, 1: frinring)
- 1 WeTab
- 1 Touch monitor 27
- 1 Projector
- 1 extra laptop running Windows + complete SDK setup (emerge/Qt5+deps/KF5/MSVC2015) [kfunk]
- 1x ThinkVision 28 - Touch 28-inch 4K2K Tegra K1 Entertainment Center
Enter your group below:
|Date||Device 1||Device 2|
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
None this year. Please get in contact with us if you're interested to visit us. We'll find a day that fits best.
Trip - TBD
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
Everyday a new meal.
- Breakfast: 7.30-9.30
- Lunch: 13.00 (1pm)
- Dinner: 19.00 (7pm)
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
- Lays Rodriguez (BR-Print3D) (May 28) [https://laysrodriguesdev.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/coding-at-lakademy/
Coding at Lakademy]
- Scarlett Clark (sgclark) (March 4) Kubuntu: KDE: Where oh where have I been? Busy I say.
- Randa-Meetings.ch (February 23) Spread to more platforms – Registrations for Randa Meetings 2016 open
- Firstname Lastname (nickname) (date) Title of blog post
- Webpage (date) Title of the story
Picture collections about the meeting
Table Football Tournament
Date not yet known