Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meetings (Sunday, 12th to Sunday, 19th of June 2016).
- 1 Important general information
- 2 Hardware to use and try
- 3 Room/Group reservations
- 4 OpenDay
- 5 Trip - TBD
- 6 Menu plan
- 7 Blog posts and other news about the meeting
- 8 Picture collections about the meeting
- 9 Table Football Tournament
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure.
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- Registration page
- Fundraiser TBD
- Feedback questionnaire: Randa Meetings participants, please fill in!
Topic this year
Bring KDE software to more platforms
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 (closed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon)
- Saturday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 (NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED)
Remember to bring
This is a not-exhaustive list by going thru various emails sent
- Clothes fitting the weather
- Indoor shoes
- Sleeping bag or 30 CHF for renting a thick blanket.
- 15CHF per day for food (plus 5 CHF for the week: chef fee ;-)
- Swiss power adapter
- Hiking shoes
Remember, Randa House is closer to camping than to a 5 star hotel.
Hardware to use and try
- 2 ExoPC (1:?, 1: frinring)
- 1 WeTab
- 1 Touch monitor 27
- 1 Projector
- 1 extra laptop running Windows + complete SDK setup (emerge/Qt5+deps/KF5/MSVC2015) [kfunk]
- 1x ThinkVision 28 - Touch 28-inch 4K2K Tegra K1 Entertainment Center
Enter your group below:
|Date||Device 1||Device 2|
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
|Tuesday: 08:00-12:00||Android Session|
|Tuesday: 14:00-18:00||KMyMoney QML||2pm Windows Session, 4pm OS X|
|Wednesday: 08:00-12:00||10am Linux Deployment Session|
|Wednesday: 14:00-18:00||14:00 KNewStuff Session|
|Saturday: 14:00-18:00||AppImage intro||14:00 KNewStuffCore session|
|Saturday: 20:00-24:00||Let's AppImage|
None this year. Please get in contact with us if you're interested to visit us. We'll find a day that fits best.
Trip - TBD
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
Everyday a new meal.
- Breakfast: 7.30-9.30
- Lunch: 13.00 (1pm)
- Dinner: 19.00 (7pm)
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
When writing a blog entry, please add something like the thing below to your blog, so we can get a bit of exposure to the fundraiser. Modify the text as you see fit ;)
<div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"> <a href="https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/randameetings2016/"><img border="0" height="55" src="https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/randameetings2016/images/banner-fundraising2016.png" width="400" /><br /> Help us keep going, at this and many other sprints, clickety-click! :D</a></div>
- Dominik Haumann (dhaumann) KTextEditor gets a Text Preview on Scrollbar
- Christian Mollekopf (cmollekopf) Kube going cross-platform in Randa
- Alexander Potashev (aspotashev) Ruby support and bugfixing in Kross
- Kai Uwe Broulik (kbroulik) Randa 2016 Coming to an End
- Kevin Funk (kfunk) KDE on Windows status update
- Sune Vuorela (svuorela) R is for Randa
- Lays Rodrigues(BR-Print3D) Randa Meetings – Day 4 and 5
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) Bug fixed after 13 years
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) KDE Software for Windows & Chocolatey
- Adriaan de Groot (adridg) FreeBSD in Randa
- Sven Brauch (scummos) KDevelop 5 standalone runner
- Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen (leinir) Perusing Progress at Randa Meetings 2016
- David Faure (dfaure) Icon theme deployment on Windows, Mac OS and mobile platforms
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) New Kate/KWrite Bundles for Mac
- Adriaan de Groot (adridg) Randa in General
- Kai Uwe Broulik (kbroulik) Plasma in Randa
- Dennis Nienhüser (Earthwings) Marble 1.14.1 for Windows
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) Kate & Co. on Tour
- Dominik Haumann (dhaumann) Kate's Tabbar gets Movable Tabs
- Joseph W. Joshua (joejoshw) Moving towards a working Windows Build
- Adriaan de Groot (adridg) Zanshin 0.4 on FreeBSD
- Lays Rodrigues (BR-Print3D) Randa Meetings – Day 3
- Andreas Cord-Landwehr (CoLa) Adding Android to the CI and Many Nit-Picks
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) New Mac OS X Build Documentation
- Adriaan de Groot (adridg) Reconciling Packaging Data (2)
- Dominik Haumann (dhaumann) MiniMap Fine-Tuning
- Adriaan de Groot (adridg) Reconciling Packaging Data
- Jean-Baptiste Mardelle (j-b-m) Kdenlive in Randa
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) Updated Bundles, now Release Builds and less Frameworks
- Lays Rodrigues (lays147) Randa Meetings Day 2
- Kevin Funk (kfunk) Working on KDevelop and KDE on Windows in Randa
- Scarlett Clark (sgclark) Debian: KDE: Reproducible Builds week 3, Randa Platforms Equals Busy times!
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) New “Get It” Page & “Build It” split out
- Dominik Haumann (dhaumann) Working on Kate in Randa
- Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen (leinir) Randa Meetings 2016 is go!
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) Kate/KWrite Application Bundle Update
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) First Day in Randa
- Lays Rodrigues (lays147) Randa Meetings First Day
- Aleix Pol KDE on Flatpak
- Christoph Cullmann (cullmann) (June 11) Randa Meeting 2016 – Tomorrow on Tour ;=)
- Lays Rodriguezs (BR-Print3D) (May 28) Coding at Lakademy
- Scarlett Clark (sgclark) (March 4) Kubuntu: KDE: Where oh where have I been? Busy I say.
- Randa-Meetings.ch (February 23) Spread to more platforms – Registrations for Randa Meetings 2016 open
- ubuntuusers.de (June 16) Randa Meetings 2016: KDE Technology on Every Device
- pro-linux.de (June 16) KDE startet Spendenkampagne
- Golem.de (June 13) KDE arbeitet an App-Bundels mit Snappy und Flatpak
Picture collections about the meeting
Table Football Tournament
Date not yet known
If you have time, please fill in some lines what you did, like:
- chills :
- cullmann : worked on Mac OS X & Windows porting, emerge modifications for Mac & updating application bundles
results: better handling of icon themes on mac & windows, updated kate/kwrite bundles, emerge works on mac
- Lays: worked
- support for icontheme deployment as RCC
- XMLGUI bugfix for jumping buttons/menuitems (bug from 2003)
- working with David Edmundson on moving the autostart code from klauncher to ksmserver
- added KRun method for plasma to launch applications without blocking
- debugging QML bug affecting the clock applet in plasma, fixed by Qt devs meanwhile
- fixing frequent runtime warnings in plasma
- fixed qtcreator for cmake projects in symlinked directories
- started implementing KPlugin-based architecture for Kross interpreters (totally incomplete at the moment),
- basic port of the Kross Ruby plugin to Qt5/KF5 and Ruby 1.9+, although some unit tests still fail,
- almost ported the Parley's google images plugin (written in Python) away from PyQt4, but then removed it because Google terminated that API,
- fixed crash in Kross when a scripting API method returns a Qt collection (e.g. QVariantMap),
- various cleanups in kross.git,
- fixed crash when calling FormDialog::setButtons() in Kross module "forms".