Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meetings (Sunday, 6th to Sunday, 13th of September 2015).
- 1 Important general information
- 2 Hardware to use and try
- 3 Room/Group reservations
- 4 OpenDay
- 5 Trip - Date not yet known
- 6 Menu plan
- 7 Blog posts and other news about the meeting
- 8 Picture collections about the meeting
- 9 Table Football Tournament
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure.
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- Fundraiser for the meetings this year
- Feedback questionnaire: Randa Meetings participants, please fill in!
Groups this year
- KDE Connect
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 (closed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon)
- Saturday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
Hardware to use and try
- 2 ExoPC (1:?, 1: frinring)
- 1 WeTab
- 1 Touch monitor 27
- 1 Projector
- and more TBD
- 2x ThinkVision 28 - Touch 28-inch 4K2K Tegra K1 Entertainment Center - Enter your group below:
|Date||Device 1||Device 2|
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
None this year. Please get in contact with us if you're interested to visit us. We'll find a day that fits best.
Trip - Date not yet known
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
Menu of last year. Needs to be changed.
|Date||Breakfast (8:30-10:30)||Lunch (13:00-14:00)||Dinner (19:00-20:00)|
|Saturday, 9th of August||Day of Arrival||Day of Arrival||Penne Bolognese or Napoli (V); Dessert: "Chocolaty Welcome"|
|Sunday, 10th of August||Breakfast buffet||Chicken-breast or Tofu (V), creamy risotto; Dessert: "Cold Surprise"||Salad buffet with garlic bread|
|Monday, 11th of August||Breakfast buffet||Meatloaf or Corn slices "Walliser Art" (V), pasta & vegetables; Dessert: "Beaten Chocolate"||Cholera*|
|Tuesday, 12th of August||Breakfast buffet||Loin of pork or Quorn (V), mashed potatoes & vegetables; Dessert: "Crashed Sweets"||Bündner Barley Soup with sausages or with cheese (V); Dessert: fruit slices|
|Wednesday, 13th of August (OpenDay)||Breakfast buffet||Beef Goulash or filled tomatoes (V), Spätzle & vegetables; Dessert: "Hidden Apples"||Raclette - suisse classics - a must|
|Thursday, 14th of August||Breakfast buffet||Lasagne with meat or vegetables (V); Dessert: "All in One"||Buffet potpourri|
|Friday, 15th of August||Breakfast buffet||Day of departure||Day of departure|
Vegetarian dishes are daily regarded and marked with "(V)"! (*No, this is not a dangerous disease but something tasty.)
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
- Martin Steigerwald (helios) (September 4) Community-Events: DebConf und KDE Randa Meetings (in german)
- Sandro Knauß (hefee) (September 2) Kontact and GnuPG under Windows
- R.Harish Navnit (rharish) (September 2) Randa – KDE sprints 2015
- Dennis Nienhüser (Earthwings) (September 1) Announcing Marble Maps for Android Open Beta
- Sanjiban Bairagya (fewcha) (August 31) Randa Meetings 2015 – What I plan to do
- Christian Mollekopf (cmollekopf) (August 29) Bringing Akonadi Next up to speed
- Andreas Cord-Landwehr (CoLa) (August 28) Artikulate Plans for Randa
- Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen (leinir) (August 26) Gemini at Randa 2015
- Albert Vaca (albertvaka) (August 25) Mobile development sprint in Randa: KDE Connect, and more!
- Mohamed Anwer (tootis) (August 22) digiKam | GSoC 15 the summary
- Shourya Singh Gupta (shouryasgupta) (August 22) Support Randa Meetings 2015
- Martin Gräßlin (August 21) Thoughts on Vulkan in KWin
- Valorie Zimmerman (valorie) (August 21) Upon returning home from Akademy: thoughts
- Martin Gräßlin (August 20) Layered compositing
- Harald Sitter (apachelogger) (August 20) A Touch of Plasma in the Mountains
- Valorie Zimmerman (valorie) (August 20) Support Randa 2015
- Martin Gräßlin (August 19) A Qt Platform Abstraction plugin for KWin
- Heiko Tietze (August 18) Usability at the KDE Sprint in Randa
- Vincent Pinon (vpinon) (August 18) Kdenlive 15.08: 4 years of maturation, and how to help Free Software to live
- Aleix Pol (apol) (August 17) Sprinting KDE Connect
- David Edmundson (d_ed) (August 16) Powered By Swiss Cheese - My Plans For Randa
- Bruno Coudoin (bdoin) (August 14) GCompris goes to KDE Randa Meeting 2015
- Mario Fux (unormal) (August 14) A (or the) secret about the Randa Meetings
- Daniel Vrátil (dvratil) (August 13) KDE PIM in Randa
- Patrick von Reth (TheOneRing) (August 13) Incubating Snorenotify
- Gilles Caulier (cgilles) (August 11) digiKam at Randa Meeting 2015
- Michael Bohlender (mbohlender) (August 7) Mobile PIM at Randa
- Valentin Rusu (valir) (August 6) Goodbye Akademy 2015, see you Randa 2015
- Mario Fux (unormal) (August 4) Randa Meetings 2015 – The countdown begins
- Bruno Coudoin (bdoin) (August 3) GCompris at Akademy 2015
- Firstname Lastname (nickname) (date) Title of blog post
- Dot story (August 27): KDE Sprints - who wins?
- Dot story (August 24): Another KDE success story - the Incubator - Part 4
- Dot story (August 22): Another KDE success story - the Incubator - Part 3
- Krita News (August 22): 2015 KDE Sprints Fundraiser
- Dot story (August 20): Another KDE success story - the Incubator - Part 2
- fr.kde.org (August 18): Aidez KDE, Campagne de levée de fond
- Linuxfr.org (August 18): KDE organise son Sprint annuel dans les Alpes... et a besoin d’un coup de pouce !
- Dot story (August 17): Another KDE success story - the Incubator - Part 1
- KDE-Brasil (August 16): Você pode ajudar a melhorar ainda mais as tecnologias do KDE!
- Dot story (August 16): You can help making KDE technologies even better!
- Golem.de (August 12): KDE sammelt Spenden für Plasma Mobile
- Pro-Linux.de (August 11): KDE startet Spendenkampagne
- Dot story (August 4): Randa - Bring Touch to KDE
Picture collections about the meeting
Table Football Tournament
Date not yet known
Only room for 8 teams of 2 people, sign up fast!.
(add a phone number and IRC nickname and join the #randa channel)
- Team 1
- Team 2
- Team 3
- Team n
- KO: you lose, you're out.
- First to 5 points win
- Always use the same ball
- Toss for ball at start
- On score losers get ball