Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meeting (Saturday, 9th to Friday, 15th of August 2014).
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure.
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- Fundraiser for the meetings this year
- Feedback questionnaire: Randa Meetings participants, please fill in!
Groups this year
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 (closed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon)
- Saturday: 7:30 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
Hardware to use and try
- 1 ExoPC
- 1 WeTab
- 1 Touch monitor 27
- 1 Projector
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
|Saturday: 20:00-24:00||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Sunday: 08:00-12:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Sunday: 14:00-18:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Sunday: 20:00-24:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Monday: 08:00-12:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Monday: 14:00-18:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Monday: 20:00-24:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Tuesday: 08:00-12:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Tuesday: 14:00-18:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Tuesday: 20:00-24:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Wednesday: 08:00-12:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Wednesday: 14:00-18:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Wednesday: 20:00-24:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Thursday: 08:00-12:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Thursday: 14:00-18:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
|Thursday: 20:00-24:00||KDE Edu||KDE SDK/KF5 Port|
OpenDay - Wednesday, 13th of August
On this day the house is open for interested people to come and see what we do and work on. They may walk through the house, look over our shoulders and ask some questions. Sponsors of the meeting are invited for this day as well and for the evening Raclette.
Trip - Date not yet known
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
|Date||Breakfast (8:30-10:30)||Lunch (13:00-14:00)||Dinner (19:00-20:00)|
|Saturday, 9th of August||Day of Arrival||Day of Arrival||Penne Bolognese or Napoli (V); Dessert: "Chocolaty Welcome"|
|Sunday, 10th of August||Breakfast buffet||Chicken-breast or Tofu (V), creamy risotto; Dessert: "Cold Surprise"||Salad buffet with garlic bread|
|Monday, 11th of August||Breakfast buffet||Meatloaf or Corn slices "Walliser Art" (V), pasta & vegetables; Dessert: "Beaten Chocolate"||Cholera*|
|Tuesday, 12th of August||Breakfast buffet||Loin of pork or Quorn (V), mashed potatoes & vegetables; Dessert: "Crashed Sweets"||Bündner Barley Soup with sausages or with cheese (V); Dessert: fruit slices|
|Wednesday, 13th of August (OpenDay)||Breakfast buffet||Beef Goulash or filled tomatoes (V), Spätzle & vegetables; Dessert: "Hidden Apples"||Raclette - suisse classics - a must|
|Thursday, 14th of August||Breakfast buffet||Lasagne with meat or vegetables (V); Dessert: "All in One"||Buffet potpourri|
|Friday, 15th of August||Breakfast buffet||Day of departure||Day of departure|
Vegetarian dishes are daily regarded and marked with "(V)"! (*No, this is not a dangerous disease but something tasty.)
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
- Christian Esken (14 Aug 2014): KMix ported to KDE Frameworks 5
- Vijay Dhameliya (13th Aug 2014): It's all about Hacking, Adventures and Food : Randa Meetup 2014
- Simon Eugster (13 Aug 2014): Randa meeting 2014
- Denis Steckelmacher (13 Aug 2014): Randa: Meeting many people and working together
- Cornelius Schumacher (13 Aug 2014): The Book
- David Narvaez (12 Aug 2014): Kig on Frameworks!
- Albert Astals Cid (12 Aug 2014): KDE Randa Meetings 2014 Day 4
- Christian Esken (11 Aug 2014): Plans for KMix during the Randa Sprint
- Cornelius Schumacher (10 Aug 2014): Announcing first Inqlude alpha release
- Denis Steckelmacher (10 Aug 2014): KDevelop QML/JS ported to KDevelop 5
- Albert Astals Cid (9 Aug 2014): KDE Randa Meetings 2014 Day 1
Picture collections about the meeting
Table Football Tournament
Date not yet known
Only room for 8 teams of 2 people, sign up fast!.
(add a phone number and IRC nickname and join the #randa channel)
- Team 1
- Team 2
- Team 3
- Team n
- KO: you lose, you're out.
- First to 5 points win
- Always use the same ball
- Toss for ball at start
- On score losers get ball