Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meeting (Saturday, 9th to Friday, 15th of August 2014).
- 1 Important general information
- 2 Hardware to use and try
- 3 Room/Group reservations
- 4 OpenDay - Wednesday, 13th of August
- 5 Trip - Date not yet known
- 6 Menu plan
- 7 Blog posts and other news about the meeting
- 8 Picture collections about the meeting
- 9 Table Football Tournament
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
- Personal information about dates and times of arrival and departure.
- Please add a short note about what you did on the work page.
- Fundraiser for the meetings this year
Groups this year
- KDE Books
- KDE Edu (incl. GCompris)
- KDE SDK
- KF5 Porting
Bank account information
For the people who need to send us the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 to 10:30 and 16:00 to 18:30
- Saturday (our Wednesday ;-): 7:30 to 10:30 and 14:00 to 17:00
Hardware to use and try
- 1 ExoPC
- 1 WeTab
- 1 Touch monitor 27
- 1 Projector
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
OpenDay - Wednesday, 13th of August
On this day the house is open for interested people to come and see what we do and work on. They may walk through the house, look over our shoulders and ask some questions. Sponsors of the meeting are invited for this day as well and for the evening Raclette.
Trip - Date not yet known
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
The menu below is the one from 2012. Will be changed.
|Date||Breakfast (9:00-11:00)||Lunch (13:00-14:00)||Dinner (19:00-20:00)|
|Friday, 21st of September||Day of arrival||Pasta bolognese, salad, dessert|
|Saturday, 22nd of September||Breakfast buffet||"Cholera"* traditional Valaisan specialty||Homemade suisse soupe, hot sausages, bread, fruit-cake|
|Sunday, 23rd of September||Breakfast buffet||Hot ham, pasta, fresh vegetables, dessert||Raclette - suisse classics - a must|
|Monday, 24th of September||Breakfast buffet||Chicken-breast, risotto, salad, dessert||Meatloaf, fresh vegetables, pasta, ice-cream|
|Tuesday, 25th of September||Breakfast buffet||Grilled veal-sausage, baked potatoes, salad, dessert||Lasagna, salad, dessert|
|Wednesday, 26th of September||Breakfast buffet||Potatoes with cheese, div. salads, dessert||Buffet sweet and sour !|
|Thursday, 27th of September||Breakfast buffet||Day of departure|
vegetarian dishes are daily regarded !
- No, this is not a dangerous disease but something tasty.
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
- First blog post
Picture collections about the meeting
- First picture collection
Table Football Tournament
Date not yet known
Only room for 8 teams of 2 people, sign up fast!.
(add a phone number and IRC nickname and join the #randa channel)
- Team 1
- Team 2
- Team 3
- Team n
- KO: you lose, you're out.
- First to 5 points win
- Always use the same ball
- Toss for ball at start
- On score losers get ball