Here you find information which is important for the duration of the meeting (Friday, 21st of September to Thursday, 27th of September 2012).
Important general information
Here you'll find imporant information for the time during the meeting. Such as e.g. the departure time for the trip to Zermatt. So take a look here from time to time. For general information about the Randa meetings (how to reach, grocery nearby, etc.) go one page up.
Groups this year
Bank account information
For the people who need to send me the food and other money:
It seems that from the Euro zone you need to do an international transfer instead of the standard Euro IBAN.
- IBAN: CH91 8049 6000 0097 0223 2
- Address: Verein Randa Meetings, Mario Fux, Uferweg 20, 3400 Burgdorf BE, Switzerland
- Currency: CHF
- Make sure to select Cost payed by sender or you'll have to buy Mario a drink ;)
- Bank information:
- name: Raiffeisen Mischable-Matterhorn
- SWIFT/BIC Code: RAIFCH22
- See this website for more.
Opening time local grocery
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 to 10:30 and 16:00 to 18:30
- Saturday (our Wednesday ;-): 7:30 to 10:30 and 14:00 to 17:00
Please add you group name to a room and time in the table below to schedule a meeting or BoF. For the room names (Africa, America, Asia, Australia & Europe) and sizes see the ground plan of the building
|Friday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Saturday: 08:00-12:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Saturday: 14:00-18:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Saturday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Sunday: 08:00-12:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Sunday: 14:00-18:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Sunday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Monday: 08:00-12:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Monday: 14:00-18:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Monday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Tuesday: 08:00-12:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Tuesday: 14:00-18:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Tuesday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Wednesday: 08:00-12:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Wednesday: 14:00-18:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
|Wednesday: 20:00-24:00||KDEMM||KDE EDU|
OpenDay - Sunday, 24th of September
On this day the house is open for interested people to come and see what we do and work on. They may walk through the house, look over our shoulders and ask some questions. Sponsors of the meeting are invited for this day as well and for the evening Raclette.
Trip - Monday, 25th of September
If the weather is good enough (there is no definition at this point in time ;-) we'll do a short trip to Zermatt and (for the more sporty ones) do a short (there is a definition: 3 hours and around 15 km) hike back to Randa.
|Date||Breakfast (9:00-11:00)||Lunch (13:00-14:00)||Dinner (19:00-20:00)|
|Friday, 21st of September||Day of arrival||Pasta bolognese, salad, dessert|
|Saturday, 22nd of September||Breakfast buffet||"Cholera"* traditionel walliser specialty||Homemade suisse soupe, hot sausages, bread, fruit-cake|
|Sunday, 23rd of September||Breakfast buffet||Hot ham, pasta, fresh vegetables, dessert||Raclette - suisse classics - a must|
|Monday, 24th of September||Breakfast buffet||Chicken-breast, risotto, salad, dessert||Meatloaf, fresh vegetables, pasta, ice-cream|
|Tuesday, 25th of September||Breakfast buffet||Grilled veal-sausage, baked potatoes, salad, dessert||Lasagna, salad, dessert|
|Wednesday, 26th of September||Breakfast buffet||Potatoes with cheese, div. salads, dessert||Buffet suite and sour !|
|Thursday, 27th of September||Breakfast buffet||Day of departure|
vegetarian dishes are daily regarded !
- No, this is not a dangerous disease but something tasty.
Blog posts and other news about the meeting
Please add here the URLs to the blog posts about the meeting (newest on the top of the list!).
- Who is Randa for? - Dot story
- It’s great to be a part of KDE - Blog by Mario Fux(unormal)
- The Importance of Developer Sprints - Blog post by Martin Gräßlin
- The State of KTouch — Part I - Sebastian Gottfried (sebasgo)
- Randa Makes a Differnce - Dot story
- Rocs Plans for the Randa Sprint 2012 - Blog by Andreas Cord-Landwehr (CoLa)
- supporting Randa 2012 - Blog by Aaron Seigo (aseigo)
- KDE Randa Meeting 2012 - Blog by Yash Shah (yashshah)
- Qt5 Beta 1 is coming to Harmattan - Blog by Laszlo Papp (djszapi)
- Why I go to the Randa Sprint and why there is a Pledgie - Blog by Christian Esken (esken)
- Go pledgie go – Randa Meetings status update - Blog by Mario Fux (unormal)
- Randa Meetings 2012 - Blog by Giorgos Tsiapaliokas(terietor)
- The Randa Meetings - Blog by Antonis Tsiapaliokas (tsiapaliokas)
- The Randa platform meeting - Blog by Marco Martin (notmart)
- Randa Meetings 2012 - Blog by Peter Grasch
- Randa 2012 - Blog by Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
- Support the 2012 KDE Randa Meetings - Blog by Laszlo Papp (djszapi)
- KDE Randa Meetings Pledgie - Blog by Albert Astals Cid (tsdgeos)
- Support the 2012 KDE Randa Meetings: Inspired and Intense - Dot story