This document outlines functionality, user interface design and considerations for improvements of screen management in Plasma.
- _screen_: the combination of outputs
- _output_: an output is a monitor connection to the system, it usually has the following properties:
- connected: cable plugged in or not
- enabled: used for displaying content, disconnected outputs can't be
- list of modes: each mode is a resolution (screen width and height pixels) and a refresh rate (for example 60Hz)
- position: the relative position to the top-left corner of the whole screen (useful only for multiscreen setups)
- current mode: the currently set mode
- preferred mode: the preferred mode, usually one of the highest resolution with a pleasant refresh rate
Here are some examples of what kind of scenarios kscreen serves.
The user has a more of less static setup, for example t
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.