SoK/2023/StatusReport/Rishi Kumar

From KDE Community Wiki

Accessibility: Work on improving the accessibility of Tokodon

This project aims to improve the accessibility of tokodon by writing appium tests.

Writing these tests would ensure a set standard of code quality is maintained in tokodon and with improved accessibility leading to a more efficient and convenient experience for the end users.

Mentor

Carl Schwan

Merge Request

Blog Posts

Timeline

Week 1 and Week 2

In my first week, I researched how I would run Tokodon without network connectivity. I tried to reverse engineer the existing unit-tests, and created a new start file offline-main.cpp, and by the end of the second week, I could start Tokodon without network connectivity with some broken UI.

Week 3 and Week 4

The next two weeks were spent writing appium test for the search functionality. For this, I first had to fix the broken search UI by reversing the already written unit-test for search after that I wrote my first test for testing the GUI of search.

Week 5 and Week 6

In these weeks I, with the help of the maintainers of Tokodon, fixed the breaking pipelines of tokodon-offline and wrote another appium test for testing different types of timeline statuses and also published my 1st blog post.

Plans ahead

In the upcoming weeks, I plan to add more appium tests and fix broken UI elements in tokodon-offline.