SoK/2023/StatusReport/Rishi Kumar: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
Line 24: Line 24:
=== Week 1 and Week 2 ===
=== Week 1 and Week 2 ===

The first couple of weeks went on in researching how I would start tokodon without network connectivity, at last, it was achieved by creating a new entry point named main-offline.cpp with the account initialised as the object of MockAccount class following which I created an executable named tokodon-offline. The merge request for the implementation can be found here.
The first couple of weeks went on in researching how I would start tokodon without network connectivity, it was achieved by creating a new entry point named main-offline.cpp with the account initialised as the object of MockAccount class following which I created an executable named tokodon-offline by making relevant changes in src/CMakeLists.txt. The merge request for the implementation can be found [https://invent.kde.org/network/tokodon/-/merge_requests/154 here].

=== Week 3 and Week 4 ===
=== Week 3 and Week 4 ===

Revision as of 17:19, 11 April 2023

Accessibility: Work on improving the accessibility of Tokodon

This project aims to improve the accessibility of tokodon by writing appium tests.

Writing these tests would ensure a set standard of code quality is maintained in tokodon and with improved accessibility leading to a more efficient and convenient experience for the end users.

Mentor

Carl Schwan

Merge Request

Blog Posts

Timeline

Week 1 and Week 2

The first couple of weeks went on in researching how I would start tokodon without network connectivity, it was achieved by creating a new entry point named main-offline.cpp with the account initialised as the object of MockAccount class following which I created an executable named tokodon-offline by making relevant changes in src/CMakeLists.txt. The merge request for the implementation can be found here.

Week 3 and Week 4

The next two weeks were spent writing appium test for the search functionality. For this, I first had to fix the broken search UI by reversing the already written unit-test for search after that I wrote my first test for testing the GUI of search.

Week 5 and Week 6

In these weeks I, with the help of the maintainers of Tokodon, fixed the breaking pipelines of tokodon-offline and wrote another appium test for testing different types of timeline statuses and also published my 1st blog post.

Week 7 and Week 8

Week 9 and Week 10

Week 11 and Week 12

Conclusion