No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
= Adding features to Kalk - A SoK Project =
= Adding features to Kalk - A SoK Project =

== Heading text ==
== What is Kalk? ==
What is Kalk
Kalk is a clean cross-platform calculator written using the Kirigami Framework. It consisted of a simple calculator with common trigonometric functions with history capabilities and a conversion module. It did not have infinite precision and relied on C++ data types to represent floating point numbers. The calculator is in itself very straightforward and runs a lexical parser in the background to perform calculations.
Kalk is a clean cross-platform calculator written using the Kirigami Framework. It consisted of a simple calculator with common trigonometric functions with history capabilities and a conversion module. It did not have infinite precision and relied on C++ data types to represent floating point numbers. The calculator is in itself very straightforward and runs a lexical parser in the background to perform calculations.

Revision as of 03:35, 17 March 2021

Adding features to Kalk - A SoK Project

What is Kalk?

Its already amazing!! What did I want to do?

I wanted to add a few more commonly used scientific functions to the calculator, albeit that was already under some development so I was only able to add a few of them.

A completely new binary calculation module which will be able to handle binary calculations. Binary calculators are an important thing for many embedded systems developers and security analysts (they might have better tools :)).

I also want to add a date calculation module using which difference between two dates, and other commonly used date based calculations. The motive for this module is that, for most people (including myself) date calculation is extremely hard and time consuming. A calculator module for this will make the date calculation process easier.

The kind person who wanted to mentor me through implementing the above idea

Han Young