SoK/2020/StatusReport/leon0402: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
= Introduction =
= Introduction =
[[File:SpectacleDesktopOnMobile.jpg|thumb|Spectacle Desktop works on mobile, but is not usable]]

[https://kde.org/applications/utilities/org.kde.spectacle Spectacle] is a popular screenshot application made by KDE with an impressive range of screenshot options. It uses the screenshot backend of kwin and provides additionally a fallback backend for other window manager, therefore it works on any Linux Distribution, even on mobile linux systems like plasma mobile.  
[https://kde.org/applications/utilities/org.kde.spectacle Spectacle] is a popular screenshot application made by KDE with an impressive range of screenshot options. It uses the screenshot backend of kwin and provides additionally a fallback backend for other window manager, therefore it works on any Linux Distribution, even on mobile linux systems like plasma mobile.  

Unfortunately the ui of Spectacle is not respsonsive and can therefore not used with a good user experience on plasma mobile. Additionally it also uses a Qt Widgets Frontend, which provides more desktop oriented controls.  
Unfortunately the ui of Spectacle is not respsonsive and can therefore not used with a good user experience on plasma mobile. Additionally it also uses a Qt Widgets Frontend, which provides more desktop oriented controls.  
[[File:SpectacleDesktopOnMobile.jpg|thumb|Spectacle Desktop works on mobile, but is not usable]]

My proposal is to create a new user interface suited for mobile, which exposes all on mobile usable features of the desktop version. The user inter interface will be created in qml with KDE's toolkit Kirigami to provide a better mobile experience. A shared frontend, if practical, would be the best option, but would be out of scope for this project. Nevertheless, the ui should me made with responsiveness in mind and should use components, which could be used on the desktop version as well or are already used.  
My proposal is to create a new user interface suited for mobile, which exposes all on mobile usable features of the desktop version. The user inter interface will be created in qml with KDE's toolkit Kirigami to provide a better mobile experience. A shared frontend, if practical, would be the best option, but would be out of scope for this project. Nevertheless, the ui should me made with responsiveness in mind and should use components, which could be used on the desktop version as well or are already used.  

Revision as of 09:31, 19 February 2020

Introduction

Spectacle Desktop works on mobile, but is not usable

Spectacle is a popular screenshot application made by KDE with an impressive range of screenshot options. It uses the screenshot backend of kwin and provides additionally a fallback backend for other window manager, therefore it works on any Linux Distribution, even on mobile linux systems like plasma mobile.

Work in progress

More information will come later today.

Contact