SoK/2020/StatusReport/Iammarco11: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
No edit summary
Line 38: Line 38:
Review:
Review:
* Got the work done till now reviewed by the mentor and these were his feedback.
* Got the work done till now reviewed by the mentor and these were his feedback.
    * Got  multiple issues to fix as the idea of including themes support in the homepage wasn't so good.
** Got  multiple issues to fix as the idea of including themes support in the homepage wasn't so good.
    * The features table wasn't looking so attractive without the bootstrap added to the table.
** The features table wasn't looking so attractive without the bootstrap added to the table.
    * The details page wasn't added.
** The details page wasn't added.
Work Done:
Work Done:
[[File:Features-updated.png|thumb|right]]
[[File:Features-updated.png|thumb|right]]
Line 52: Line 52:
Work Done:
Work Done:
* Completed the entire features table.
* Completed the entire features table.
    * Added each and every icon to the table.
** Added each and every icon to the table.
    * The values True and partial wasn't looking so nice so I replaced them with ticks image.
** The values True and partial wasn't looking so nice so I replaced them with ticks image.
    * Added padding to the table so that the elements inside look attractive.
** Added padding to the table so that the elements inside look attractive.
    * Kept only one YML file for both features and features table. So that dat duplication doesn't happen.
** Kept only one YML file for both features and features table. So that dat duplication doesn't happen.
* Made a clean homepage for the website. Still Work In Progress. Will add the screenshots of the features of Umbrello to the homepage and
=== Challenges I am facing ===
The Blog and Features-details in the Navigation bar doesn't become highlighted when selected. This is an embarrassing issue. The header file of KDE Jekyll template has some problem in the liquid syntax. So I started working on the issue. I somewhat recoded the entire liquid syntax of the header file of the Jekyll template which would fix the issue.
[[File:Code.png|thumb|center]]

=== What Next? ===
This is not the end of the road with KDE for me. I love many applications of KDE. Along with my future contributions to web projects, I would love to contribute to Kirogi. I have already started working on the application.

=== Contact Me ===  
=== Contact Me ===  

Revision as of 13:22, 16 February 2020

Umbrello website redesign

Synopsis

This project aims in revamping the website of Umbrello with the latest Jekyll template KDE uses. A Redesigned homepage can help new developers and users to get a better knowledge of the application if the workflow with proper screenshots and GIFs are added to it. The news and the announcements can be shifted to a separate page as it makes it much more organized.

Links

Mentor

Weekly Progress

Week 1

Work Done:

• Ported most of the files from PHP to Markdown as Jekyll uses Markdown.
  • Added more relevant items to the Navigation bar.
  • Shifted blogposts from the Homepage to a separate blog page.
  • Edited some features for the application.

Week 2

Work Done:

• Ported the entire features table from PHP to Markdown.
  • Fixed the installation page and added the correct links for the same in the homepage
  • Got some screenshots

Week 3

Work Done:

• Focused on the homepage and got screenshots from mentor of themes supported by Umbrello.
  • Added a new themes section for the homepage and added them.
  • Worked on the beautification of the Umbrello features page.

Week 4

Review:

• Got the work done till now reviewed by the mentor and these were his feedback.
    • Got multiple issues to fix as the idea of including themes support in the homepage wasn't so good.
    • The features table wasn't looking so attractive without the bootstrap added to the table.
    • The details page wasn't added.

Work Done:

• Added bootstrap for the tables, but faced some issues as the liquid syntax was not getting rendered properly. Fixed them later.
  • Added the image of a flowchart of the features explained correctly at the top.
  • Added the separate page for the features-details.
  • Added the work done for the first three weeks to planet.kde.org. Link
This table is the completed version

Week 5

Work Done:

• Completed the entire features table.
    • Added each and every icon to the table.
    • The values True and partial wasn't looking so nice so I replaced them with ticks image.
    • Added padding to the table so that the elements inside look attractive.
    • Kept only one YML file for both features and features table. So that dat duplication doesn't happen.
  • Made a clean homepage for the website. Still Work In Progress. Will add the screenshots of the features of Umbrello to the homepage and

Challenges I am facing

The Blog and Features-details in the Navigation bar doesn't become highlighted when selected. This is an embarrassing issue. The header file of KDE Jekyll template has some problem in the liquid syntax. So I started working on the issue. I somewhat recoded the entire liquid syntax of the header file of the Jekyll template which would fix the issue.

What Next?

This is not the end of the road with KDE for me. I love many applications of KDE. Along with my future contributions to web projects, I would love to contribute to Kirogi. I have already started working on the application.

Contact Me