SoK/2018/StatusReport/HimanshuVishwakarma: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki

No edit summary
Line 21: Line 21:
:*KopetePluginTest: The Unit test is testing the base class of kopete plugins in the libkopete library.
:*KopetePluginTest: The Unit test is testing the base class of kopete plugins in the libkopete library.
:*KopetePictureTest: The Unit test is testing the class Picture in the libkopete library of the Kopete.
:*KopetePictureTest: The Unit test is testing the class Picture in the libkopete library of the Kopete.
'''Result:''' I successfully passed the project.

==What I learned during the SoK==
==What I learned during the SoK==

Revision as of 21:27, 25 March 2018

Write test and improve protocols supports for the Kopete

Project title: Write test and improve protocols support for the Kopete

Mentor: Vijay Krishnavanshi ([email protected])

A Brief Description: Kopete is the application for the instant messaging that has a modular architecture and supports many messaging services like Skype, Jabber, ICQ, MeanWhile, Bonjour, QQ, etc with lots of useful plugins like history, highlights, bookmarks, translator, text effects, contact notes and many others which are very useful for chatting.

Project Goals:
  • Write the unit test for remaining part of kopete
  • Work on the improving the protocols support
  • Removing the bugs.

Current Status of the Project

I had only able to worked on the unit testings part of the project. I had written the four unit test for the Kopete which are open on the phabricator and need to be the review (their link is given below) and merge into the Kopete git repository. The unit tests follow:

• QQCryptTest: The unit test is testing the class Crypt which is encrypting and decrypting the message in the QQ Protocol.
  • JabberProtocolTest: The unit test is testing the JabberProtocol class which is the main class for Jabber protocol library.
  • KopetePluginTest: The Unit test is testing the base class of kopete plugins in the libkopete library.
  • KopetePictureTest: The Unit test is testing the class Picture in the libkopete library of the Kopete.

Result: I successfully passed the project.

What I learned during the SoK

It was a nice experience for me. I learned a lot of things. Some are following:

• XMPP protocols(Jabber Protocol)
  • C++
  • Git
  • CMAKE
  • Object-Oriented Programming
  • Qt
  • QtTest
  • The most important thing is how to work in the open source community.

I always am thankful for the KDE community and Especially my mentor Vijay Krishnavashi for his support in the project.

Work Reports

Link to the proposal: here
Link to the Weekly Status Reports(progress): here
Link to patches: QQCryptTest, JabberProtocolTest, KopetePluginTest, KopetePictureTest
Link to the blog: here
Link to the Kopete repository: here

To see my work and run the tests are follows:

Contact

Email: [email protected]
IRC: himvish997/himvish997_
Kopete IRC Channel: #kopete
Kopete mailing list: [email protected]