Listed below are various upstream issues that are considered release critical problems. This is not a bug tracker or meant to supplant one, but to keep a running tally of open upstream issues we need to address for KDE4 releases.
Upstream Issues HotList
- Problem: CSS currently resets fonts in widgets when used, making it very difficult to use with widgets where fonts are set programmatically as done throughout KDE.
- Affects: All widgets using CSS, such as the Konqueror location bar when using CSS to set an offset for the clear button.
- Solution: Pending; perhaps a CSS value (font: QWidget?) that prevents the style sheet from resetting fonts outside of what the widget is doing. Can be done currently on a case-by-case basis by overriding changeEvent, intercepting font changes and updating CSS strings containing the font desired; this is error prone (easy to trigger infinite loops) and seems sub-optimal.
- Status: Fixed for Qt4.4, CSS will only touch the font values explicitly mentioned in the style sheet and leave other values alone
- Problem: Designer converts WhatsThis text to richtext blocks
- Affects: translators who get opaque blocks of html code
- Solution: None yet
- Status: Fixed for Qt4.4, patch being reviewed for qt-copy
- Upstream tracker link
- Problem: short Oggs are not played properly
- Affects: Phonon playing short sounds, therefore all audio notification in KDE
- Solution: Patch being worked on by Matthias Kretz, needs to be upstreamed to libxine
- Status: Patch sent, fixed in xine-lib 1.1.9
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.