List of nice and important changes between beta2 and beta3 so they can be put in the announcement article. Put links in here!!!
- work on KNotes 
- About Kommander
(they didn't make it, too much work. might become something later on?)
- About MARBLE (SoC work)
much work, not the least on Marble. It alone had three Summer of Code projects, with Andrew Manson working on GPS support, Carlos Licea on 2D projection and Murad Tagirov busy with KML support. (beta 3 stuff)
- KVocTrain (from KDE-Edu) is renamed to Parley ( Parley is a discussion or conference, especially one between enemies over terms of truce or other matters).
- Parley has a new start test dialog, enabling arbitrary language combinations (wish for three years)  and  and Parley no longer needs languages set up prior to using them. Start learning vocabulary without setup hastle. http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125488
- Parley has made a major step towards usability. The new way to handel the program and to display lectures is easy to understand. To setup different keyboard layouts for different languages is deffinatly a great idea and makes the program even better.
BlinKen, KGeography, KHangMan were debugged and polished as well as Marble. Sound has been fixed in Edu apps.
- marble is a kpart now 
- kalzium kpart 
- remote colourschemes in kolourpaint 
- kget was integrated with Plasma:
- kget and other plasmoids 
- improvements in gwenview 
> I wanted to get something similar that Superkaramba bar meter is to plasma. > At the moment it supports: > - Plain svg - Just shows svg image but could be usefull in layouts. > - Bar meter - Something like thermometer. > - Analog meter - Something like tachometer. > Bar and Analog meters also support custom labels. So that's the technical > side.
So, in layman words, you're working on some graphical meters for plasma, which can easily be used by developers for their plasmoids... Neath.
- Further KWin work 
Todo: - ask KDE-pim ppl about progress!!! - get plasma screencast?!?