Rust in KDE
KDE projects that use Rust
Ikona — an icon preview utility for KDE Plasma
ActivityDesk — a Qt/KDE-centric ActivityPub (Mastodon) client
KDE tools for Rust
Rust Qt Binding Generator
To use Rust code from Qt and QML code
Kate LSP Plugin
Rust Language Server can be used in Kate via the LSP plugin.
KDevelop Rust Language Support Plugin
To work on Rust code & projects in KDevelop.
KDevelop Cargo Support Plugin
To manage, build and run Rust packages (crates) with Cargo.
Tutorials and guides
- YouCodeThings — short video tutorials about programming in Rust
- Using Rust Code in a C/C++ Project with CMake
- Rust for C++ programmers
- Rust Breakdown Notes
- A Guide to Porting C/C++ to Rust
- bindgen docs
- Using unsafe for Fun and Profit — tutorial for CMake-based Qt GUI using Rust library for the business logic
- Writing an OS in Rust — a series of tutorials about "close to the metal" programming in Rust
Useful components for KDE development
C/C++ <-> Rust bridging
This page was last edited on 9 September 2020, at 19:20. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.