Agenda for rekonq meeting, please add what you would like to discuss here
Context Menu Entries
IMHO rekonq has too many context menu entries. Some even seem to be duplicates (e.g. “Print…” and “Current Frame → Print Frame”). In general we should try to cut down the number of context menu entries and also try to re-order them in a sane way — pano
rekonq has seen contributions by some new faces. We should mention those in the AUTHORS file and the main.cpp file — pano
Regression introduced by some previous commit
rekonq currently is suffering from some regressions that IIRC were introduced by some big refactoring commit a while back. — pano
— Embedded PDF viewer does not close (KPart: okular?) — Bug #260704
— Browsing window freezes sometimes after clicking "Back" (KPart: kwebkitpart?) — Bug #?
Open selected URL in Tab feature
at the moment we have two implementations for the exact same feature.
• The implementation I once copied from Konqueror/KHTML code
• Furkan’s implementation as part of Google Code-In
both have positive but also negative aspects. We need to decide which one to keep, because having both is not an option (see the Context Menu Entries problem: When selecting an regular URL with the cursor and then right-click on it, the context menu will have 2×2 entries which are doing the exact same thing…) — pano
rekonq code on gitorious
At the moment the rekonq website on gitorious is still up. This can and also already has lead to confusions, since there are two places where the rekonq code is stored.
So now we have the following options:
• we occasionally sync the code on gitorious with the code from our main git repo. that way the personal clones on gitorious can still be used
• we completely remove rekonq from gitorious — pano
Discuss migrating to QGraphicsWebView and the problem it faces
• Please see http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/garg/DemoWebViewBrowser.git for a demo implementation of QGraphicsWebView — shadeslayer