Difference between revisions of "Promo/Old/Tasks"

Jump to: navigation, search
(clean up and add boothwork)
Line 9: Line 9:
 
<br> Topics to discuss &amp; turn into plans  
 
<br> Topics to discuss &amp; turn into plans  
  
*Boothbox stuff to be added - contact booth team (jos)
+
*The Mean and Lean Release Machine (TBD)
*website stuff to be added - contact web team (jos)
 
*The Mean and Lean Release Machine (camp KDE meeting)
 
*rewriting texts on kde.org and other sites (waiting on web team)
 
*write feature guide for 4.4 (in progress, jos)
 
 
*improve kdeslides &amp; guide ppl talking about KDE  
 
*improve kdeslides &amp; guide ppl talking about KDE  
*move to 1 wiki
 
 
*get more donations and support  
 
*get more donations and support  
 
*involve companies by setting up a 'advisory board' like institute  
 
*involve companies by setting up a 'advisory board' like institute  
Line 24: Line 19:
 
{| border="1"
 
{| border="1"
 
|-
 
|-
! colspan="4" | Marketing for SC 4.4
+
! colspan="4" | Revive Commit Digest
 
|-
 
|-
 
! Task  
 
! Task  
Line 31: Line 26:
 
! Status
 
! Status
 
|-
 
|-
| Make a list of key talking points for promo around release (can use release announcement for this, as this is mostly done but needs to be checked with respective developers)
+
| Set up way of working on feature guide
| ASAP
 
| Jos
 
| Done
 
|-
 
| Prepare and plan articles to get ppl excited for 4.4
 
| January
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Create feature guide  
 
| 1 Feb
 
| Jos & all
 
| In progress
 
|-
 
| Finish release announcement
 
| 1 Feb
 
| Jos
 
| In progress
 
|-
 
| Create screencast(s)
 
| 1 Feb
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Prepare specific plan for release week to spread the word as far as possible
 
| 1 Feb
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Coordinate [[http://community.kde.org/Promo/ReleaseParties coordinate releaseparties]] and promote them
 
 
| &nbsp;?  
 
| &nbsp;?  
| &nbsp;?
+
| Danny
| &nbsp;?
+
| Our friend is busy...
|-
 
! colspan="4" | Revive Commit Digest
 
|-
 
! Task
 
! Target date
 
! Assigned to
 
! Status
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Set up new team to help Danny  
 
| Set up new team to help Danny  
Line 82: Line 40:
 
| &nbsp;?  
 
| &nbsp;?  
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
|-
 
! colspan="4" | Promote Camp KDE
 
|-
 
! Task
 
! Target date
 
! Assigned to
 
! Status
 
|-
 
| Get contest up and running
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Troy
 
| Done
 
|-
 
| Contact podcasts
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Jos
 
| Done
 
|-
 
| Contact bloggers
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| twitter &amp; identi.ca account with regular announcements &amp; stuff, find out who maintains the Camp KDE twitter account
 
| asap
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| facebook &amp; linked-in groups 'we go to camp kde'
 
| asap
 
| &nbsp;Justin
 
| contacted several LinkedIn groups, need to investigate Facebook
 
|-
 
| success story (hoffman)
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Troy
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Invite Ryan Paul and other journos
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Troy
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Story about what will be at Camp KDE - conf call with jeff &amp; Leo and do announcement about that on press list (lydia)) write also about twitter &amp; identi.ca
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Jos/Lydia
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Dot articles: marketing specific talks/topics
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| jeff &amp; leo to do this, jos contacts them
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Talk to local lugs, spreading info, get in groups and spam them with camp stuff eg Scale. Contact Alex Spehr for scale. spehr@kde.org
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Justin
 
| Notified all CA based LUGs, plus all Ubuntu LoCos in DC/MD/CA.&nbsp; Emailed Alex but no response.
 
|-
 
| approach specific people (comment by cornelius: addressing people directly is very important. make a list of all attendees which were at the Jamaica event and those who were at the release event, write an individual email to each of them and ask them to come to Camp KDE (and bring two friends))guillermo, george wright
 
| Dec 5
 
| Justin
 
| Generated a spreadsheet on google docs and shared with promo team based on list from KDE 4.0 release event.&nbsp; Need to build an email template and get feedback on whether the spreadsheet should be modified/updated at all
 
|-
 
| Contact FSF
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Lydia
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Contact FLOSS weekly
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Claudia
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Contact linux foundation
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Claudia
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
| Contact linux Journal
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Jos
 
| Done, they have a banner
 
|-
 
| Mail to e.V membership
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Jos/Claudia/Jeff
 
|
 
|-
 
| Create list of people to be contacted
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| Troy/Justin
 
| &nbsp;Done
 
|-
 
| Create survey to hand out to attendees
 
| January
 
| Justin
 
|
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
! colspan="4" | Recruit new contributors
 
! colspan="4" | Recruit new contributors
Line 229: Line 90:
 
! Status
 
! Status
 
|-
 
|-
| Make list of required announcements (Jos asks Wade for a timeline)
+
| Make list of required announcements  
| &nbsp;?
 
 
| &nbsp;?  
 
| &nbsp;?  
 +
| Jos
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dot articles on confirmed talks  
 
| Dot articles on confirmed talks  
 
| &nbsp;?  
 
| &nbsp;?  
| &nbsp;?
+
| Jos
 
| &nbsp;?
 
| &nbsp;?
 
|-
 
|-
Line 306: Line 167:
 
| Not started
 
| Not started
 
|-
 
|-
| Update terms used on userbase and techbase
+
! colspan="4" | Boothbox
| ideally by 4.4
+
|-
| &nbsp;annew and ?  
+
! Task
| &nbsp;userbase - first pass complete
+
! Target date
|}
+
! Assigned to
 +
! Status
 +
|-
 +
| Design Booth Team T-shirts
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
|-
 +
| Write a Booth Work Guide (should be IN boothbox)
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
|-
 +
| Develop/get demo/example hard- and software/content
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
|-
 +
| Set up smaller boothboxes
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?  
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
|-
 +
| Set up the big boothbox
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
| &nbsp;?
 +
|-|}

Revision as of 15:56, 11 February 2010

The goal of this page is to have a list of tasks and associated names(!) and dates to track what we still have to do and where we are.

The name next to a taks can either mean the person to do it or to coordinate it - either way, he/she is responsible ;-)

The page starts with a list of topics which still have to be added to the task list. Some of these have a list of tasks somewhere already, others have to be discussed. A few are of more strategic level, others are very practical.

Once a task is done, put it at the top & mark it as done. In time we'll clean them up. Feel free to pick up tasks which have no associated name (but announce/discuss on promo, you might get pointers there as well).


Topics to discuss & turn into plans

  • The Mean and Lean Release Machine (TBD)
  • improve kdeslides & guide ppl talking about KDE
  • get more donations and support
  • involve companies by setting up a 'advisory board' like institute
  • connect to local communities

Current list of tasks

Revive Commit Digest
Task Target date Assigned to Status
Set up way of working on feature guide  ? Danny Our friend is busy...
Set up new team to help Danny  ?  ?  ?
New DIGEST keyword in commits - talk to dirk/dfaure/toma  ?  ?  ?
Recruit new contributors
Task Target date Assigned to Status
Revive forum Klassrooms (recruit tutors)  ?  Ingo Malchow  First Klassroom courses in progress
Write junior jobs walkthrough articles  ?  ?  ?
Fix get involved website  ?  ?  ?
Create junior jobs digest monthly dot article? Justin Need to review what jobs are posted and then pick some things to highlight and discuss. 
Promote bugsquad  ?  ?  ?
Advertise developer profiles to lower barrier of entry  ?  ?  ?
Dot blurb at bottom of relevant articles (what's this?Stu)  ?  ?  ?
Akademy Marketing
Task Target date Assigned to Status
Make list of required announcements  ? Jos  ?
Dot articles on confirmed talks  ? Jos  ?
Call for sponsors, plus article  ? Claudia  ?
Make list of writers (inc local press - ask Sanna) and send out emails to raise awareness  ? Claudia  ?
Make a press pack  ? Jos  ?
Contact local press  ? Tampere ground team In progress
Determine talks for marketing/promo track  ?  ?  ?
Invite people to marketing/promo track  ?  ?  ?
Rebranding tasks
Task Target date Assigned to Status
Boilerplate text for distros (to replace "FooLinux comes with KDE X.x, which includes the desktop shell and a suite of applications like X, Y, and Z")  ? Nathan Done
Make sure the distros are aware of the rebranding and have seen the boilerplate page (progress monitored on this page)  ?  ?  ?
Define logos for the workspaces (splash screen etc - also needed for Platform and Applications?  ?  ?  ?
Determine the "built on KDE Platform" type texts by vote on kde-apps.org January - start vote asap ? Poll is up and ready to count results
Make some nice "Powered by KDE" type badges/banners for 3rd party developers  ?  ?  ?
Update wikipedia pages by 4.4 (sooner better) ? Not started
Boothbox
Task Target date Assigned to Status
Design Booth Team T-shirts  ?  ?  ?
Write a Booth Work Guide (should be IN boothbox)  ?  ?  ?
Develop/get demo/example hard- and software/content  ?  ?  ?
Set up smaller boothboxes  ?  ?  ?
Set up the big boothbox  ?  ?  ?

Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.