The purpose is to have a collection of open content to include in live CDs or to install on demo equipment to show the power of KDE Plasma Desktop and esp. KDE Applications.
- add content (description and links).
- note the license next to each link/file.
Question: Should we link to the content from here? Or just to the main site and pack the content in one file? Where could we store that file?
Who is working on what?
Task / Contributor / Status / Planned finishing date
- Do summary page on wiki / Thomas (ungethym) / done / 2010-12
- Open Document Text (odt):
- Open Document Spreadheet (ods):
- Open Document Presentation (odp): (There are a couple of presentations here in the wiki.)
- Portable Document Format (PDF): (Booklet, Join the game-flyer, ...)
- MS Word (.doc, .docx): To show compatibility with MS-Systems.
- MS Excel (.xls, .xlsx):
- MS Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx):
Perhaps we could take some images from Wade but I don't know the link and the license at the moment. ...or some pics from Akademy on flickr.
Some short videos to show that they could be played with KDE software. Please use a free file format (e.g. ogv/ogm). Proprietary formats are not installed by default in most distros.
- There are some excellent videos on the blender website e.g. sintel, elefant dream, bunny ...
- or screencasts on youtube, etc.
- or a KDE trailer
This is perhaps one of the more challenging points. It would be very helpful to have some music to show Amarok's feature to download a cover, lyrics and wikipedia information. Furthermore some different styles of music to attract as many people as possible would be nice, too.
Please use on free file format (e.g. ogg) because mp3 will not be installed by default in most distros.