Projects/Liberty/Design Modules

From KDE Community Wiki

Pattern Composer - Stitch Edit - New Pattern Creator

I think these three tasks need to be in the same application.

KXStitch is almost very good: I had a bit of a fight with scaling the source photograph, and another trying to print (I could not get anything to print, I have a colour printer, but it insists on printing black and white, the thread list is too small), some of the terminology is alien to me.

Templates can be generated from picture image files, embroidery patterns, embroidery designs, and in user-defined (or standard) sizes. The template layer is probably the first in the workflow.

The colour range of images can be decimated to match the available (or desired) thread colours. Fine detailing can remain for stitch direction hinting.

Standard thread colour ranges are available.

Edge detection can guide definition of outlines and borders between different areas of the design/pattern. Built in design rules can gently warn when the design exceeds the ability of the sewing machine or materials used.

Depending on zoom level threads or areas or patterns can be selected then manipulated: move (translate), rotate, and scale, as well as, cut, copy and paste. Patterns may also be added from external sources.

Text tools allow bitmap or outline fonts to be used and follow artistic paths.

Intelligently hooping large designs.

Thread resource management tool/database.

Pattern resource management tool/database.

Work-flow

Blank or Photographs → Pattern: colour optimise, edge detection (outline stitch), area fill (stitch colour and direction), resizing. | Patterns → Design: pattern scale/move/rotate, text font/colour/style/path

Template:PrevNext