Download a binary with debug symbols
You must download a binary for the corresponding KDE applications with debug icon support from https://binary-factory.kde.org, e.g. https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Umbrello_Nightly_win64/win64/.
- download umbrello-master-xxx-windows-msvc2017_64-cl.7z
- download umbrello-master-xxx-windows-msvc2017_64-cl-dbg.7z
- Unpack both archives to the same location.
Download a debugger
- Download SDK installer from https://developer.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk
- Start winsdksetzup, select "Download the Windows Software Development Kit ...." and press "Next".
- Uncheck all except "Debugging Tools for Windows x64".
- After the download is complete, enter the download directory and run "X64 Debuggers And Tools-x64_en-us.msi" from the Installers subdirectory.
- Then search the Start menu for "WinDbg (X64)" and run it.
- Select "File"->"Open Executable" from the application menu and select the main executable file you unpacked before, e.g. <unpack-root>\bin\umbrello5.exe.
- Select ""Debug"->"Go" to start the application. In case of a crash it will stop automatically.
Get the back trace
- Select "View"->"Processes and Threads" from the application menu and select the main thread (id 000) if not already selected.
- Select "View"->"Callstack" to see the backtrace.
- Press "Source" in the call stack windows to see the source information.
- To save the call stack to the clipboard, press the icon on the left side of the Close button in the window title.
- Open a new bugs at https://bugs.kde.org and paste the clipboard content into that bug.
Note: Normally KF5 applications use DrKonqi to automatically generate a backtrace after a crash
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.