This page tracks the Wayland showstoppers throughout the stack.
- No cross-app window activation/focus protocol. As a result, windows don't get brought forward when activated by another app: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=424795 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/50
- No vertical/horizontal maximize of Wayland native clients. KWin uses NetWM modes internally to do this. Works with Xwayland clients. Would also work for Wayland clients, just the state cannot be exported to Wayland (c.f. Quick tiling).
- XWayland windows are upscaled and look blurry and ugly in HiDPI mode: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389191
- Cursor lags under high CPU load: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=421131
- "Pin/keep open" functionality for Plasma applets does not work: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=400317
- Touchpad Gestures:
- They are not configurable
- They are very boolean, they don't show any feedback until they're executed.
- No XModmap; we lack a functionality like XModmap to remap keys.
- Can't type accented characters in native Wayland Qt apps: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411729
- Session restoring does not include Wayland native windows. Our sessions management recover engine is based on the X Session Management Protocol and there is apparently currently no generic concept to do it on Wayland. But on Qt it's plugin-able and GNOME has according to their wiki an own implementation for some time.
- No activities.
- Session sometimes crashes when changing Global Themes: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=422424
Drag and Drop issues
- Session crashes when hovering over task manager after dragging an entry in task manager to another virtual desktop: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=418683
- plasmashell crashes when dragging a file from Dolphin over a panel: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=398440
- Cursor sometimes erroneously displays "no drag possible" icon even when it is possible: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=383794
- Can't abort drag-and-drop with the Esc key: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=405267
This page was last edited on 13 April 2021, at 15:17. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.