Here's how to run with the proprietary Nvidia driver on Wayland:
- Ensure that you are using Plasma 5.20.2 or later.
- You need a very up-to-date Qt. Make sure you have >= Qt5.15.0 or 4bd13402f0293e85b8dfdf92254e250ac28094c7 cherry-picked.
- Make sure to have the Nvidia egl library installed. For example on Ubuntu and Neon the relevant package is called
Use the modesetting driver
Check our driver is running in modesettings mode:
It should print "Y". If not, modify your kernel command line and add the line
Search for "kernel parameters" in your distribution; https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_parameters is a good starting point.
- Select "Plasma (wayland)" from your login manager
- Enjoy your beautiful super-fast accelerated wayland desktop!